• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What are the best practices for preventing print head clogging on the Roland UV LG 300 without using white ink?

siphon56

I currently use my Roland UV LG 300 to print graphics on white vinyl, so I don't require white ink. Due to the high viscosity of white ink, I understand it needs to be used at least once a week to prevent the print head from clogging. My dealer suggested using a cleaning solution instead of white ink to trick the printer into thinking it has white ink, thereby avoiding clogs. Is this a recommended practice? Are there any other suggestions to prevent the print head from clogging, given that I invested around $22,000 in the printer and want to ensure its longevity? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

That is your option if you don’t intent to regularly use it. That, or print a 15x15” square of white ink ever couple days.

Shake your white ink if you’re going to keep it, regularly.

siphon56

That is your option if you don’t intent to regularly use it. That, or print a 15x15” square of white ink ever couple days.

Shake your white ink if you’re going to keep it, regularly.
Yes, I am not intending to use it anytime. So going with the cleaning solution seems to be a good idea. What do you say about that? It is safe for a long term?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
The solvent in the cleaning solution cartridges are compatible with the ink and the components of the printer. I just worked on a Roland VSi that was set up with white ink 5- 10 years ago and the customer has had a cleaning cartridge in it for as long as I have been servicing this printer. You'll be fine.
It's a shame they don't give an ink option (other than CMYKx2) that doesn't include white - especially on a roll printer.

netsol

WE PRINT A COLORWHEEL TO EVERY MACHINE, EVERY DAY...

WHEN LEAVING, i spray the captop(s) with isopropyl, or cleaning solution (jetbest on the rolands.) <mutoh cleaner on the hybrid

WHITE INK, SHAKE DAILY
PRINT A 15" WHITE BLOCK
MONTHLY take the cartridge to home depot and get the paint dept. guy to put the white on the shaker for 90 seconds (bring a velcro wrap long enough to go around the platen

netsol

my wife ended up in the hospital last july 4th weekend. 10 months later she is at home and still cant walk
i work about4 days a month at the shop BUT have always followed this routine. EVERYTHING PRINTS FINE 10 MONTHS LATER
but, do whatever makes you comfortable...