• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What caused this in the print?

SIGNTIME

I'm running a few jobs through my xj540 today and when I was printing this one I got this yellow "patch" as seen in the first picture so I stopped and ran it again in hopes it was just a bad spot in the material, as seen in the second picture it happened again in a different spot. The media is oracal 3461 matte. I am not sure as to what this could be ... the material? Maybe the encoder strip needs to be cleaned? Maybe a glitch while ripping? Not sure, the rest printed with no issues. I have never had anything like this before so I am not sure what to look at to trouble shoot. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20130423_130853_395[1].jpg
    IMG_20130423_130853_395[1].jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20130423_130908_309[1].jpg
    IMG_20130423_130908_309[1].jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 65

SIGNTIME

Is that something that would come loose over time and where could I find a diagram of where that is located ... thanks for the help, how's the partnership going?

artbot

that printer has dx4 heads, right? it would be the ribbon cable entering the heads and also on the carriage board side ports.

the partnership is exhausting. we aren't completely set up. doing samples. discussing/designing catalog. training... 110 hour weeks back to back for months. i'm looking forward to a normal work week which looks to be a few months away.

artbot

if it's intermittent "rectangles" of a single channel's color it is data related. i had this happening to me with my black head once. this artifact, if like mine, will run in the direction of the pass, similar to a test print.