• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What does your Shop Trade Show Display Look Like?

fdkss03

Interested in what everyone is doing to promote their shops at shows?
Show your shop's trade show display!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Sex always helps.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 177

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We haven't done this in years.
When we did, we just set up a table, a few banners and had just about every type of letter, substrate and style imaginable on display with business cards and brochures all over the place.

We had a big brightly colored box for placing business cards into and someone would win a nice prize.

We also had a fancy balloon flying which stated a 20% discount on all orders placed at the show. I'm a big fan of peripheral vision with things moving.

fdkss03

We haven't done this in years.
When we did, we just set up a table, a few banners and had just about every type of letter, substrate and style imaginable on display with business cards and brochures all over the place.

We had a big brightly colored box for placing business cards into and someone would win a nice prize.

We also had a fancy balloon flying which stated a 20% discount on all orders placed at the show. I'm a big fan of peripheral vision with things moving.

Not bad. I actually have a couple coming up here soon. I plan to do a retractable banner backwall and a table cloth for the visual part... with some business cards and give away a prize for leaving your business card.

Its got me thinking though spend $300 on 3 retractable banners and lights... or spend $100 on three x frame banners for the backwall, but part of my business is trade show graphics... so guess I shouldnt skimp on that part.

xxaxx

Not bad. I actually have a couple coming up here soon. I plan to do a retractable banner backwall and a table cloth for the visual part... with some business cards and give away a prize for leaving your business card.

Its got me thinking though spend $300 on 3 retractable banners and lights... or spend $100 on three x frame banners for the backwall, but part of my business is trade show graphics... so guess I shouldnt skimp on that part.

To be honest, 3 retractable bannerstands is skimping ... a nice 10' popup backwall and 1 retractable bannerstand upfront by the table is a much better display of tradeshow graphics.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We made our own backdrop out of gatorboard and trade show material and stuck our own stuff on it. We had an interlocking set up and the whole thing folded down from an 8' x 12' to a 4' x 8' and was so lightweight it wasn't funny. We also had a 1/2 height one for smaller shows.... 4' x 12'

If you're worrying about spending $300 or $500 dollars on this or that..... you probably shouldn't be doing it, yet.

The booth costs a few thousand and your props another $2,000 or $3,000. We usually gave away a nice sized television and all the runners up were entitled to a 15% discount if used within like 90 days. You're trying to attract large clients and show off your capabilities and wares. If you go in looking cheap, you're only gonna attract cheap............. customers.

xxaxx

Or if you really want to wow people and dont mind spending a little extra cash, a modular extrusion booth is the way to go. Something like this which is what we will build when we start doing shows regularly.

Attachments

• CSigns Booth Render.jpg
    CSigns Booth Render.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 159

fdkss03

True that... I could easily do a full pop up backdrop, and a retractable banner up front... then maybe a small counter or something with giveaways on it.

I agree with the "Go Big or Go Home" saying... which is how I have modeled by business for the last year and it has shown.

royster13

I understand doing a trade show when you reach people you can not other wise reach, it may pay off....But if those are attending are local, it should be much more cost effective to reach out to them at their locations......So many folks here seem afraid to make sales calls.....But they work....

We have a 10' pop up with our graphics, header and lights on it. A small double sided light box, a 4' wrapped counter and a wrapped monitor pedestal with 42" monitor looping a video portfolio. We're actually setting it up tomorrow for a show, so I should have pictures shortly.

mnapuran

We have a few setups... just depends on the event, the market, etc.

2 examples below.

Attachments

• show2.jpg
    show2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 178
  • show1.jpg
    show1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 134

fdkss03

We have a 10' pop up with our graphics, header and lights on it. A small double sided light box, a 4' wrapped counter and a wrapped monitor pedestal with 42" monitor looping a video portfolio. We're actually setting it up tomorrow for a show, so I should have pictures shortly.

did you ever get pictures?

For what I am setting up, i think the three retractable stands with lights will work fine... it will be much nicer than my local competition's stands and would only be shown at local "small business" shows.

royster13

Way too busy for my liking......I do not think a trade show display or any other signage needs a "laundry list".....