• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What grommet press does everyone use now?

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
What is a great grommet press to use. The one I currently have doesn't work that great. I am hearing Hiker has a great presses.

This is the one I have:

https://uscutter.com/baby-blue-grommet-press-machine-w-6-die/ bit I have a different size die on it.

Air operated would be nice if anyone has one that they have used. I found a portable air operated unit but haven't heard of the company.

Most grommet presses I see are knock offs of other machines.

Last

Bengt Backhaus

I have one that is a little bigger, but the same principle as yours.
But i only print about 150 meters of banner per year.
My last workplace had an pretty cheap italian pneumatic press and it was much easier. When it worked...
Grommets got stuck in the feeding system, the lower part sometimes was just a little misaligned and things like that.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Uh....

1707226845346.png

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Better than the metal ones.
No rust.
And you can recycle the banner with the plastic grommets.

Have to remove the metal ones to recycle the banner.

They also look better
Trying to find someone in the US who stocks these. I'll give it a try.

only place I found that has them wants more for shipping than the press and dies cost.

Last edited:

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I ordered a Hiker Grommet Press kit for Solvent Inkjet, They had the best price and stock available.

Looked at the PlastGrommet Hand Press and no one stocked them except for one place and their shipping was more than the press, dies, and plastic grommets.

Will post follow up once I receive the item.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I had that same uscutter one, it was terrible and wrinkled at every grommet. Got a different one from grimco and it works fine.

vondegroot

I use a Sooper Ace, it's pretty good. Top is for the hats and the rings go on the bottom. Pierces the vinyl too.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'd like to know what grommets others use also.

I'm not sure if it's my grommet machine or the grommets but the little circle that gets cut out is always stuck by a small piece and I have to pull or cut it out. Is it the grommets or the press?

Sign Pro Salina

I use one similar to this LOL We appear to be dinosaurs
That's the one we have as well. Built well and last forever. I worked for another company for a short tone that had mounted theirs on a stand in the shape of a tower so that it was rigged to use foot pressure. It was the craziest, hardest to use contraption to move around a production table. I told them it was a dumb idea and not the way grommet machines are meant to be used. It killed on production time having to drag that silly thing around.

Sign Pro Salina

I'd like to know what grommets others use also.

I'm not sure if it's my grommet machine or the grommets but the little circle that gets cut out is always stuck by a small piece and I have to pull or cut it out. Is it the grommets or the press?
We use #2 Nickel Fasnap grommets. That's always happened. We just poke them out if they hang up. We get some large format banners sent to us that we outsource & they typically have a few holes still left that they don't even take the time to remove before shipping them out.

vectorvictor

I use a semi-automatic press - got it from Amazon several years back - game changer for us - Image attached. Searched "automatic grommet press" on Amazon
I believe we got that same machine several years back. I've had to clean it out a couple times, but not a single person that has used a traditional press wants to go back to that.