• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is a Sponco worth??

SfSD

I have an old sponco 69 foot ladder truck. I see the 55 foot all the time, but the 69 foot seems to be uncommon. The truck is a very old and worn 1966 chevy. It needs to be retrucked. I am thinking about retrucking it, but I do not think I need it. So I am wondering what it is worth and if I could sell it.

I need to put it under 24V power and see what works, but what do you think?

- is it worth more without the truck?
- If I retrucked it – would it help sell it, or just add expense

I would like your opinion. I am just fishing for options at the moment – it is not really for sale, or under restoration or anything else. It is just a question about options

Thanks

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 332

visual800

cool truck!

IMO if you dont use something or need something, sell it. I would put it on ebay and let them bid on it OR place on sign bulletins and say taking offers. The truck is worth nothing the ladder I have no idea.

Get it gone and move on, the longer it sits there the less its worth

ams

Cool truck, would be nice to fix up and use as a show piece, but for sign shop, not great. Throw it on ebay for $10,000 and see if you get some nibbles.

SfSD

What I found out

Thanks, It is helpful. I think I will try Hemmings Motor News (to find the guy with the Sign Truck Museum, you know ... next to the parking lot and the "tree museum")

Looking at the ladder - it is rather good shape.

I understand you can get a 42 footer out of auction for $8 - 12K, but a 69 footer would take at least another 10K and likely more.

I see a few Sponcos in the $6-10K range, but a lot more in the $15 - 25 range, then a few higher in the $30K range. I guess the average price to be about $15-20K. Who knows if any of these actually sell, They are all 55 footers.

The Sponco has a 300 pound lift capacity. Cranes are 3-10X higher for lift - they can move a monument or a can. So it is a tree trimmer, sign, electrical thing and not a crane thing.

In any case - I learned a lot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck !!

My Daddy always told me, something isn't worth jack, til you find someone who wants to buy it with cash in their hand. :wink: