• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this fake granite material?

QuicksignsWI

We're supposed to make a similar wall sign like the one in the pictures, but we can't identify the fake granite material the glass panel is mounted to. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• UWGB_2910 (002).JPEG
    UWGB_2910 (002).JPEG
    579.7 KB · Views: 330
  • UWGB_2909 (002).JPEG
    UWGB_2909 (002).JPEG
    473.3 KB · Views: 206

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Granite, corian and the picture here are all very smooth surfaces. You can't have a granite counter top with texture.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If it's painted on it's probably MultiSpec... A sprayable architectural coating. Used to use a ton of it making displays, Sherwin Williams was a distributor back when I used to use it. I think Hallman Lindsay also carries another brand similar to it.
It's pretty cool stuff, you pretty much select which you want based on the coloring, and how you spray it on determines how fine or coarse the texture & pattern is. It can be clear coated too, but not really necessary for stuff like that. They also have a waterborne version.

JBurton

Signtologist
That's totally corian, really really neat stuff, cuts like butter. Find a counter shop and ask them to source you a sheet or partial, and ask them what they'll charge to polish and bevel the pieces once you've cut them to size. It takes a skilled guy with the right tools about 5 minutes to really shine one up and round over the edges.

netsol

google. corian near me green bay wisconsin

we are spoiled, i guess, our next door neighbor is a granite shop & there is one less than a mile from my largest client, where i spend much of my time

it's interesting if they will let you watch ( if not, this old house has done a couple segments)

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
It could be Corian, Formica, or WilsonArt solid surface material. If the panel is painted, I would suggest Zolatone—maybe the Grey Stone Spatter Finish.

QuicksignsWI

Thank you all for your help! I've sent the pictures to a local counter top company and they are checking their stock to see if they can match it.