• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is this on my GS15?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I bought my Gerber GS15 used a few years ago and it came with this metal bracket on one side. What the heck is it? The top loop has about a 1/2" inside diameter.

Perhaps something that a "security" cable might have been run through????

JB

Attachments

• GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 100

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Our GS15 doesn't have that upgrade. We could not afford it.

FYI, it is the Kerschneevy spoodle receptacle!

man........i can't beleive nobody knows what it is!! lol........... well its..............oh, hang on someones at the door, i'll tell you later.......lol

The Equipment Guy

I would probably agree with you James, when I used to sell Gerber in the 80's and 90's they were very theft prone, due to the price vs size I guess. We used to actually budget for the amount of business we did with insurance agencies. Had a bit of fun grabbing a few that came in for repairs too, the thieves did not realize that we knew every installation, serial number and that I worked part time as a bouncer, lol!

Craig

James Burke

The original owner was a university, and from what I can remember about my college days, everything was tied down.

Obviously, it's not going to stop a die-hard thief, but it does slow them down a little and makes it a tad bit harder for them.

When I used to teach high school, the newly remodeled (and well-equipped) school library had a rash problems with students un-screwing computer cabinets and lifting ram chips...and the computers were out in the middle of the room...for all to see. Talk about sneaky.

JB

James Burke

Had a bit of fun grabbing a few that came in for repairs too, the thieves did not realize that we knew every installation, serial number and that I worked part time as a bouncer, lol!
Craig

Just goes to prove that you can't fix stupid. Sucks to be somebody that bought a hot one and didn't know it.

JB