• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What material?

crny1

I am having to make 2000 labels for my sisters bakery and am curious as to what vinyl would be best. These are a oval sticker that is 2" long. She will be using them to essentially seal her cake boxes when closing them. All the material I have here is thin wrap material which would be a nightmare to peel off and stick on the box. What material would be thick that wouldnt need laminated and is also cheap since these are basically throw away? Please dont say sub it out to someone, its my sister and its to help her out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do it right and get them made at Stouse or some other similar type supplier.

2B

there is instant one media and also BIGFISHMD, both offer very cheap vinyl

crny1

Just because I ask about what material everyone uses for this doesnt mean we cant do them "right". She doesnt want them on a roll. We have a roland printer and a graphtec cutter. I think we can do them..............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should rephrase it, then.

Why not give her the best bang for her buck and get them made at Stouse or some similar type supplier. From my coupla weeks of doing signs, they can make them far better, faster and better quality than any inkjet machine. If you're giving them to her, than by all means.... knock yourself out.

bannertime

I think what he's saying is that large quantities like that can take up to a lot of labor. On a 30in roll that's 16+ feet of material, or 9ft for a 54in roll. In material alone you'll probably be at the Stouse's wholesale cost. Running 16 foot of contour with precise cuts would be nuts. So then you'll have sheets of like 750-1000. Each sheet will take at least 40-50 mintues to contour cut then perf cut. Then you're manually punching those for 2 hours. Your machine isn't able to do anything else at that time. This is all just estimation, but still, 2000 labels at Stouse shouldn't be more than like retail $500. Since it's your sister and you may not care about charging for your own labor, then you may be fine.

ChicagoGraphics

I do 10k labels every 3 months, I print them on Oacal 3641 matte 54", I print 102 labels per strip then contour cut them and let the plotter cut them off every 102 label strip, no need to kiss cut them. It will be easy for your sister or employees to just peel them off one long strip. 5 total hours from start to finish it takes me, and my profits are huge.

Bill Modzel

As Tammie said, these should be paper and Stouse's wholesale cost is less than your production cost on any vinyl. I run thousands of smaller decals on my HP latex and I order from Stouse when the job calls for it. This in indeed a Stouse job.

TXFB.INS

a 2" oval sticker to seal a food box, yes needs to be paper so the box is easy to open / tear the sticker.

there are several vendors MUCH cheaper than Stouse
if you are slow and REALLY with work, sure do it in house. otherwise get it done outsourcing.