• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What plugin is good for turning photos to oil painting?

Does anyone know what plugins are good for converting photos into reproduction art/oil paintings? You know with the thick textured brush stokes,
Or maybe someone has a good tuttorial website showing this procedure.

Sites&Signs

did you try some of the stock filters that come w/PS?

there are a few in the artistic filters that I have had good luck with...just got to tweak it a bit

Bob Ross - rip
Alienskin Snapart looks like what i am wanting, i have fooled around with the stock filters a bit and they just aren't giving me what i am wanting, i'm not the best with photoshop to begin with so i am hoping to find a plugin that will help make it easier for me to get better results.

weaselboogie

Back in the old day, they ground up minerals from the earth and mixes berries and to produce pigments. Then they would grab a rat or a squirrel and pull all of it's hair and tie it to the femur of their firstborn that died from the plague. Femur brush!

That's how they would have done it.... Let's paint!

SignsOfMaine

If you can link to a photo of what you're looking for, I might be able to say what filter will do it.. I usually use the stock ones under filter --> artistic, but usually I go for watercolor and use the texturizer --> canvas to make it pretty convincing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Does anyone know what plugins are good for converting photos into reproduction art/oil paintings? You know with the thick textured brush stokes,
Or maybe someone has a good tuttorial website showing this procedure.

Alien Skin Snap Art is way ahead of whatever's in 2nd place. I've been making a tidy sum lately running both stock photos and peoples favorite pictures through this plug-in, printing the result on canvas, and doing a gallery wrap on stretcher frames. This plug-in integrates characteristics for brush, stroke, canvas, and faux dimensional highlighting into one place.

Like anything else, you have to get the hang of using it. There's lots of variables to mess around with and each picture is different and requires individual variable tweeking for optimum results.

You can download a full featured 30 day demo version from... http://www.alienskin.com/