• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What types of banners you sell the most

robsonr

Hi everybody,

I am planning to offer banners to my clients and in this regard would help me If I knew what the most wanted types of banners are so I can stock up right material. Please can you tell me from your personal experience what would be 2 most sought after banner types from the list bellow? The categories I created from my online research, but please feel free to add a category if I am missing it. If you also could mention the material you use for them it would be very helpful.

- economy (price matters)
- standard front lit single sided banner
- mesh banner
- backlit banner
- double sided banner / blockout banner

Thank you in advance for your help.

The vast majority of the printed banner market is front lit exterior-use products that are imaged onto scrim PVC banner media. They are most often 13 - 15 oz (weight per square yard) products.

CanuckSigns

We only stock 13oz banner material, but we are not really a banner shop, if we get a request for something we don't stock, which is very rare, we sub it out.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The weight of banner material, 10oz, 13oz, 18oz, etc. merely indicates what a square yard of the media weighs. It says nothing about the strength of that media. One fallaciously might infer that the heavier the media the stronger it might be. A common misunderstanding subscribed to by many.

For 99.99% of all banners, at least of the single sided variety, 10oz material is more than adequate. Little is gained from using the heavier media except perhaps building a mighty upper body from mounting rolls in a printer.

As far as the original poster's list, they are all economy banners, that's why they're banners.

visual800

I stock nothing and order my banners from signs2trade. i always go with 10oz. Are you printing your own banners?

Z SIGNS

We don't do banners anymore because there is no profit in them.
Trying to compete with sign mills that sell them for 75 cents a s/f is pointless.

When we did do banners is was always 13oz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Everyone has their own way of dealing with inventory.

I would think if you wanna provide banners, at least stock two kinds...... a nice non scrim of maybe 10 Oz and a 13th good scrim media. If anyone comes in wanting something different, it becomes a special order and charge accordingly up front.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use a lot of ARLON banner products. Typically we only stock DPF315 15oz as its more durable then the 13oz, its block out, and its double side printable. We pay the same price for the DPF315 as we do for he 13, 10, and 8oz products so we don't see the need for those products unless its for a specific application. Its very economically priced and it covers options 1,2, & 5 in your list in one product.

We were buying our mesh in the form of ultraflexx strip mesh ltx but have recently decided to switch to the signworld house brand as its almost identical to the ultraflexx.