• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What was the update number that messed up everyone's fonts?

Jillbeans

I turned off updates after this happens (yes I am on WinXP)
But after April, XP will no longer be updated. I kinda want to get the other updates I've missed since then.
I know that after the font incident happened I had to go look into my add/remove area and remove that particular update.
Does anyone remember the update number, or the thread here in which the explanation was discussed?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love....Jill

visual800

I turned off updates after this happens (yes I am on WinXP)
But after April, XP will no longer be updated. I kinda want to get the other updates I've missed since then.
I know that after the font incident happened I had to go look into my add/remove area and remove that particular update.
Does anyone remember the update number, or the thread here in which the explanation was discussed?
:thankyou::signs101:
Love....Jill

Girl what are you wanting to update?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nothing to worry about anymore. A subsequent update corrected the problem and they also updated the update that caused the issue to begin with.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As far as I'm aware, yes. We also have one XP machine (for compatibility with an older application we still use) and it has the most current updates and no problems due to them. Windows should make a system restore point before installing the updates. Worst case you can roll them back with the restore point.

OldPaint

iam still on XP and STILL HAVE NOT ADDED SP3.......... and wont its the one that seems to screw stuff up.

Techman

As far as I'm aware, yes

No, If your machine is running fine,, and if XP has SP 2 then there is no need to update anything.
Sometimes some software will ask for SP3. But that is rare.