• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge for these yard signs?

D&Tgraphics

i would talk the customer into a 32" x 24" for better yield, i would sandwich two pieces of coro together glued together with silicon with a 3/4" white angle iron stake through the middle. I would get $65 each for them...

$780 plus tax or i'd try for $700 ca$h

Darlak,
Why would you drop your price $80 to get cash? Why not just give it to them for $780 cash and no tax. You're doing them a favor by saving them money. They aren't doing you a favor. There is no reason you should have to drop the price just to get a cash deal. I never understood that. It just makes no sense. Your leaving money on the table that has no reason being there. Does anybody else agree or am I alone on this issue?

Darlak,
Why would you drop your price $80 to get cash? Why not just give it to them for $780 cash and no tax. You're doing them a favor by saving them money. They aren't doing you a favor. There is no reason you should have to drop the price just to get a cash deal. I never understood that. It just makes no sense. Your leaving money on the table that has no reason being there. Does anybody else agree or am I alone on this issue?

I charge extra (ALOT extra when I have to play banker and wait for my payment) but no I don't give discounts for cash and do not agree with cash deals for the sake of not collecting sales tax, what a stupid practice.

iSign

I agree with you DandT... 10% is too much unless you don't trust any other form of payment & use this ploy to avoid telling them you don't trust them.

Cash doesn't save me anymore then the credit card fee, because these days, I report all my earnings, & pay all my taxes...

...but even those who duck taxes on cash jobs (and I'm not saying Darlak or anyone else would do that)... typically only 1/3 of that $780 would be taxable incom... or $260. And even at a worst case scenario of 30% tax... that's $78 in savings, in exchange for an $80 discount. Even if you don't get audited, that's not a good deal.

wes70

24x36 cora double sided..........$25?.........$45?..........I know materials cost more here (Canada), but I wouldn't take that job unless I got $70 each based on that quanity.

D

DARLAK

Darlak,

leaving my money on the table???

780 minus materials (68) equals 702

702 times 28% equals 196

702 minus 196 equals 506....

do you understand now??

if you have to ask what 28% is, then don't ask

D&Tgraphics

Sorry Darlak, I wasn't trying to be mean with my post. If you took it that way I apologize.

But my question is, I understand the breakdown of taxes, but why give it to them for less? Just sell it to them for the regular price but with no taxes. They are still saving money, you are still getting cash and you don't have to get less for your product. That's the money on the table I was speaking of.

Again, no hard feelings. Us WNYers have to stick together.

Jillbeans

$50 each, with the stake.
The 32" rather than the 36" is a good tip.
Remember that unless you use opaque coro that these will be virtually illegible on a sunny day.
Love....Jill

smdgrfx

It's 2'x3' - charge like a banner for single side/single color. It's not much different. In my case - $6.00/sq. ft. Charge $2.00 for a stake that shouldn't cost you more than $.50 If it has a logo, add $10.00. Figure out something that you can be consistent with.

ChicagoGraphics

24 x 36 ya can only get 4 out of a 4x8 with a throw away 1x8
would use a 10mil coraplas..doing a window that size might be as low as $60 each .. but would try $90 each a whole 4x8 window splash would be $250 but perm vinyl or 1shot $350 trying for $500
so it pays more to do bigger ads also work load is less
so I stay away from stuff like that cause ya don't get enough plus sales time is same

wraps-r-kewl

You get 5- 24"x36" sheets out of a 4'x8' sheet, not 4

D

DARLAK

You get 5- 24"x36" sheets out of a 4'x8' sheet, not 4

ahh yes danielson, but you get 6 - 24" x 32" out of a 4x8 with no waste and nobody can tell a 32" x 24" from a 2x3...

D

DARLAK

Signwarehouse has them precut
COR-PLAS 36X24 WHITE 20 for 29.60 (sold in boxes of 10)

$29.60 plus shipping as opposed to $13.60 for two cut up sheets of coro??

KR3signguy

drEvil.gif

one billion dollars

KARYN BUSH

i guess i get hosed cause i pay like $15 per sheet of coro...of course i don't buy it in quantity either. so i would buy the precut ones and not have to diddle around with cutting coro(which i hate).

D

DARLAK

i guess i get hosed cause i pay like $15 per sheet of coro...of course i don't buy it in quantity either. so i would buy the precut ones and not have to diddle around with cutting coro(which i hate).

i buy them in quantities of 200

do you have the corogated slitter? its the only way to go. i have the slitter for the flute cuts and a 30" paper cutter for the grain cuts.

Techman

that would make more money working at a regular job

They already do have a regular job.. Thats why they give it away.

If ppl wanna go cheap. Say for a yard sale or something as they say" just for a few days" Use one of those cheapy laser tabloid size printers and make lots of cheap sheets. Spray glue them onto coro and away you go. Cheap, $5 bux each. Lay them as fast as the printer spits them out. Give them the option of lam at an extra 50 cents each and spray on some hair spray lam.
Wanna get fancy do full color for them too for another 50 cents each.
50 pieces at 5 bux each is 250 bux minus the cost of coro and the 7 cents each paper sheet.

All to simple. Give them the 5 or 5 guarantee. 5 steps out the door or 5 minutes. Now I would never admit that I did this but some would wonder how I know so much about it. Sometimes after a storm you just gotta do what you gotta do.

THATgirl

I am surprised at the low prices. My 18x24s are 37-48 each. I make quite a few but not tons of them a year.

Graphics2u

Perceived Value??

I've read on other threads about Perceived Value. That's why some may charge 90.00 (or 150.00 But I'm not trying to start another pricing war!)for set of door magnets, and they may get nearly double that for the same vinyl installed on the vehicle itself!

The customer perceives the permanent signs are better and longer lasting (which they no doubt are)hence the higher price, but in reality the signmaker has more expense to make the magnets!

In this case the perceived value of ANY Coroplast sign is that they are cheap signs - after all they are plastic cardboard, can easily be destroyed or blown away or become decoration of a 12 year olds bedroom. That fact has to be considered when pricing them, not just their size. There is also only maybe 5-6 dollars difference in actual cost of materials between 18 x 24 and 24 x 36. So I can't imagine getting 85 - 90 bucks for them.

Those who do these for next to nothing though, probably have another fulltime job and this is just spending money. Those of us who are in business to make a living will always have to deal with such people. But we have to make our work the kind of thing people will come back for and usually the customers will figure that out.