• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge to install a 24" x 36" Aluminum sign into brick/block?

Tony Rome

I don't do this much but I need to quote a customer on installing 4 aluminum signs, same location. All approximately 24x36 2 in brick, 2 in block. The location is about 5 miles form me.
I was thinking a flat trip charge maybe and then figure a price per sign.
Any help here?
Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since they're only 5 miles from you, til you pack up your truck with tools, supplies and the signs, travel there about an hour or so to instal and the trip back, I'd say about $350 to $375. Signs not included in that price. No permits included, either.

2B

while we try to give a flat fee for installation, we also make it clear that if the time on site goes over the estimated time-frame then there will be an up-charge.

before we would price anything we would ask more questions
  • how far above grade are these signs?
  • is this a 1 person or 2 person onsite project?
  • are permits required? if so who is getting the permit and are they in hand before installation starts?
if you have a good hammer drill and bit, minimal time for drilling

1 person reaching from grade level, end user has permits in hands
price would be $180 ish

Tony Rome

Thanks guys! Wow anywhere from $180-$350 I was thinking about $190.00 maybe I will call it an even $200. I need to figure out my hourly rate. I really don't know the formula for that I thought $50-$75. I realize I should know how to do that. Thanks again!

bannertime

Look up "shop rate" on the forum here and your preferred search engine. That will give you an idea of how much you need to make per hour to pay bills, yourself, and make profit. It's also a decent start to figure out your hourly install rate. If you're shop isn't producing anything when you aren't there, then your hourly rate should be equal to or greater than your shop rate.

Tony Rome

Look up "shop rate" on the forum here and your preferred search engine. That will give you an idea of how much you need to make per hour to pay bills, yourself, and make profit. It's also a decent start to figure out your hourly install rate. If you're shop isn't producing anything when you aren't there, then your hourly rate should be equal to or greater than your shop rate.
I will. Thank you!

Johnny Best

I would not drive 5 miles one way and then back and install #4 signs for $50-$75, unless it was for a close family member. Think $200 is kind of on the low end, I am with Gino on the $350-$375 price, or this is for a customer who you do a lot of work for or trying to get as a good customer.
But as people always say on here "don't be cheap, because then it is hard to raise your prices".

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I keep it simple and have a flat rate install of $199 on signs that I PRODUCE. If it's something stupid small I'll drop the cost.

This rule doesn't really apply to large orders. Those I bid by getting my costs and adding what I feel I want to make and be satisfied, then maybe dropping it depending on if I want to be aggressive, then raising it more then what I started because I realize I'm pretty frigging valuable and do bomb ass work and I'm real busy, then I reduce it to the original number because deep down inside I actually DO want the job. Then I quickly e-mail the bid and close the window and say, "Well, what's done is done. Can't take back that e-mail"

ironchef

I keep it simple and have a flat rate install of $199 on signs that I PRODUCE. If it's something stupid small I'll drop the cost.

This rule doesn't really apply to large orders. Those I bid by getting my costs and adding what I feel I want to make and be satisfied, then maybe dropping it depending on if I want to be aggressive, then raising it more then what I started because I realize I'm pretty frigging valuable and do bomb *** work and I'm real busy, then I reduce it to the original number because deep down inside I actually DO want the job. Then I quickly e-mail the bid and close the window and say, "Well, what's done is done. Can't take back that e-mail"
Hey Texas, how you guys holding up? Did Harvey hit you bad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Were only 3 hrs. away from Houston and didnt get ONE DROP of rain. The cloud cover was real nice, was like God turned the AC on to relieve us from this brutaly humid summer.

GPilot24

You should find out what your local hourly rates are in your area and find a competitive price you are happy with. Many companies with a bucket truck would charge $150 / hr minimum 2 hours plus travel. Even if you don't have a truck you should remain at a competitive price. Don't give a way your time. You'll only harm yourself late, just as Johnny Best stated earlier.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
depends on what you think you can get....I don't price things time and material anymore...i grab a number out of my head i think the client will pay...

MikePro

shouldn't be too hard. i'd quote a do not exceed price of travel + 3hrs. I'm sure it would take only a little more than an hour to install but you never know.

Tony Rome

Thanks again guys, I quoted $225.00
It is for a customer I give wholesale pricing to, but I don't give wholesale install pricing...just discount it a little.
Thanks!