• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge?

eball218

Hey everyone im new here and also to the sign making world so looking for a little help. Im wondering how much you would charge to take the following picture and make a 4'x8' replica of it. Right now i am looking at using a whole sale vendor i work with to print the black orange and white then lay some brushed gold vinyl over that. Any thoughts, ideas, how help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image (1)1.jpg
    image (1)1.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 84

J Hill Designs

welcome from cali :thumb:

first off, most brushed gold vinyls arent rated exterior at all.

second, charge for your time to recreate it if you need to

thirdly, double anything you 'pay' (substrate, outsource cost, etc) and add on time you think it will take, at your current shop rate.

:thumb:

MikePro

welcome from wi. :thumb:
p.s. I'd be pissed if I paid a couple hundred bucks for people to NOT be able to read my phone #. upsell your layout skills, and kick it to the left/right when/if you replicate.

Last edited:

2B

welcome from cali :thumb:

first off, most brushed gold vinyls arent rated exterior at all.

second, charge for your time to recreate it if you need to

thirdly, double anything you 'pay' (substrate, outsource cost, etc) and add on time you think it will take, at your current shop rate.

:thumb:

+1 very good advice

Did you install the graphics on the vehicle? if so a word of advice to the "noob" do not install where you have to cut through lettering and/or numbers.
The graphic needs to be moved to the L so the door jam is between the words and numbers.

visual800

Is that mylar on that? that aint gonna last outside. If it were me I would have it digitally printed and placed on maxmetal and tell the customer to drop one of the numbers, so distracting

Jillbeans

You don't tell us which substrate you intend to use.
Alumalite? MDO? A banner?
I don't discuss prices out in the open other than to say at minimum, materials times three plus your hourly shop rate.
That layout could use some serious tweaking, such as unsquishing the name, using only one phone number, no brackets around the area code etc.
Make sure to get a deposit when dealing with an auctioneer, too.
Love....Jill