• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you guys charge for this install?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also count on the material being liquid laminated and not app taped. In other words its going to be thin, aggressive and hard to work with. Probably most of the doors will be junk Whit-Ing ones (with an emblem logo right about where that overlay should go) that are swelling up and rotting (unless they are new or only a couple of years old).

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Our local distributer had one day the trucks aren't used. Been a while but I think it is Tuesday. If they have a day during a week that they aren't used it will simplify things. No pressure or waiting on trucks to come back in.

I always plan on wasting time trying catching up to the last few. Sometimes you have to the last few one at a time.

papabud

Lone Wolf
the first one usually takes the longest. once you do one you will have a good game plan on how to handle the rest.
if we have a single install that will take an hour. but if we have 3 or more of them, the first one is still an hour but the others would take us about 45 minutes. we still quote an hour each

Maxon70

Lots of great advice,, The guy has two on standby at all times, so two will always be ready to go, Ive seen the decals and they are a thick 3m material with app tape, the only issue I see is keeping them in place when I start to apply them, hopefully magnets will work to hold it in place, do you guys have any tips for that?

Thanks

SFS Production

Production Manager
I was contacted by a local drink distributer about installing some decals on the back of their trucks and need help pricing this thing..
The decal is a little over 7' wide x 8' tall, I will be installing this onsite in a heated warehouse,

The manager thinks it would take about two hours per truck. they will be cleaning the trucks first,

What would you guys charge for this kind of job?

Also there could be a lot more business from them after the trucks are done.

Thanks
We charge $110 and hour and I would charge 2 hours for the install. Not sure how far away they are from you but if they are over 30 minutes away we would charge trip time also.

visual800

ahhh, seems the distributor is rummaging thru all shops for pricing. looking for the cheapest. make sure when you quote to add cleaning is extra. I know he said they will clean it but they never do.

Also, that last line about "there could be a lot more business from them after the trucks are done" is BS! As soon as they find someone cheaper than you, you will be out the door.

IN my area I would ask how many at one time i would be doing and price it about $300 per and STILL not get it!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also one more tip.... Never give a price based on a big quantity promised unless they are going to sign a contract for the full quantity. When we do a quote for a large number of vehicles or anything else (installs or printing too, etc) because the customer says they have this many and they want to do them all we stipulate that a discounted price is based on them signing a contract for all. They dont get the heavily discounted price and then get to order just one at that price....

Sign consultant

You better quote $275.0 each...this work has lot of direction at time of install...and if they ckean up the truck evevn there is pissibilties to adjust things on site...
.charge the client that you have to do hard work. ....and if the same client goes to any contractor company i an dead sure they will do it not lesser than $500.0

Good luck! :)

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
They wont be install ready clean. 200/truck. Signed agreement for the whole fleet and deposit required. If they gruff, say it's normally 300/truck but you're cutting a discount because it's the whole fleet. and you like his hair. Butter that cash cow.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, you never give your discounted price up front with the quote..... signed or not. You verbally tell them what it will be and if it's 2 or 3 trucks..... no big deal, but if you have a fleet of 15, 25 or more...... you tell them you'll do the last one for free.

Some years ago, we were going back & forth negotiating price. We were a little higher than this guy, but cheaper than that guy, so I gave my pitch of doing the last 2 trucks at no charge. That actually was a 4% discount, but all they heard was 2 free trucks. They couldn't get them in fast enough. There were around 50 vans, 10 sales cars and 5 box trucks. It was the same partial wrap on everything and the cars were a little different. They also provided all the artwork.

Maxon70

I quoted 150 a truck and they called today and want me to do them, these are 9' x 4' sheets, 2 each truck, how do you guys tackle these, cut them in sections for the door panels or ?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For that price, I'd not worry about how to do it. I'd let the next guy worry about it.

How many trucks ??
In their shop ??
How long will it take to set up for each truck and tear down per truck ??

edit : I don't remember seeing this part, but who is supplying the graphics, and are they laminated. They can't be included in your price........??​

Maxon70

12 trucks in there shop, woking off a ladder on the lift gate on the truck. 2 hours per truck. applying the decals to the rear roll up doors on the back of the truck..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who is generating the decals ?? Are you making them and if sio, are they laminated ??