• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

whats a good strong adhesive vinyl for low energy plastics?

gabagoo

I ordered some perma grip from ND, but it only comes 15" punched and I want to run it on the large format printer..... what else is out there that has a strong adhesive?

Substance Graphics makes some really good vinyl for low energy plastics. They specialize making vinyl for everything off road or sports related. Haved used a couple different ones. Call and talk to them about what you are doing. They will set you up with some samples of what they think will work for you. Got my samples in the mail a couple days later. 4 different 30" 11yd rolls. 2 lams and 2 print medias.

reQ

2nd for Substance vinyl. I am using it exclusively on any hard to stick surfaces. Arlon Rep talked me into DPF8000 saying it same & when you stick it it won't come off at all lol. Did my own test & its garbage compare to Substance.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
General Formulations - Concept 201 HTAP.
Goes on like regular vinyl, but give it a few hours to settle in and it sticks like superglue.

r2prints

Look no further than Substance X1 or their X2 depending on how aggressive you need it. X1 should be just fine. I go through a few rolls a week exclusively for MX graphics.

I am printing with an HP 310 and the only problem I have been having is the vinyl buckling in the curing chamber. Sucks to advance that much material at the start of a job but better than having head strikes.