• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the discount?

quicksigns

I'm doing 5 company truck for a new client. It came out to be $657 each vehicle. Would you give a discount and if so how much? Do you offer them the discount or wait til they ask for it? Thanks!

Last edited:

tomence

If they dont ask dont discount. Why would you lose money if they dont ask. If you go to walmart and buy 5 microwaves are they gonna discount'em for you?

2B

If they dont ask dont discount. Why would you lose money if they dont ask. If you go to walmart and buy 5 microwaves are they gonna discount'em for you?

+1 if you are wanting to do a discount wait till the next order comes in then give a "frequent order" or "loyalty" but see above 1st

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are many schools of thought on a discount.

One being..... don't give anything up, unless you have to. Good sound business advice. :thumb:

However, my take is.... beat 'em to the punch. Don't wait for them to ask. Offer it to them and create an image which will form a most favorable reputation. As OP said, give yourself a little play, so you can give a discount, but not so much if they price around, you're still in line with everyone else.... or the jig is up.

Wanna do fleet work ?? Wanna do lots of fleets ?? Wanna be busy year round with the easiest and most lucrative part of the sign business of all ?? Offer incentives, do top quality work and they'll be flocking at your doors in no time. Ask me how I know.​