• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats this on my Prints?

jiarby

Mutoh 1604
Oracal 3165RA
Onyx RIP

This is a new roll, but I saw same thing at the end of the previous roll. I think it is the printer rather than the roll. It is leaving black foggy marks between the prints in the white space... but the print part is fine.

Anyone seen this B4??

Attachments

• 12-12-2009 9-43-17 AM.png
    12-12-2009 9-43-17 AM.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 158

sfr table hockey

Was it the same file you printed as well or a totaly different file?

If it was just in the white space between the prints then I would think it might be more file related.

jiarby

It is one piece, 50 copies. nothing in the file, and it is random...never in the same place like it would be if it was in the file. Each row had 8 pieces, and the schmutz varies between the rows.

Could be fogging from ESD on the roll?? That's my guess. Head height is HIGH. Will do some more later with height set to low.

Malkin

I have had the same thing happen sometimes, printing on that same media, 3165ra

This was with a VP540/Versaworks

gabagoo

lots of material can have modelling on the rolls, thats when the high speed rollers that give it the gloss are not performing properly I believe. It usually goes away with some heat or sunshine. Not sure if thats what you have but I see it a lot in cut vinyl specifically 3m lately.

HaroldDesign

That looks like dirty rollers. I pop mine out and clean them with "Film Kleen" every week. Alcohol would work well too. Once they're dirty it may show on one material, but not another. They end up needing to be cleaned more often after printing jobs with the head height high.