• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's up with Sears Auto?

Si Allen

How many of you remember Sears auto repair department getting nailed by the government for selling people unneeded repairs?

Techman

I do. I remember when they tried to change their lifetime tool guarantee and got stung too.

You would walk in and they would say,, that tool is abused. VOID.

Desert_Signs

Hell, they're trying to give me a television right now. Right before Christmas we put a television on layaway online because it was on sale, i wanted to pay cash, and I didn't want to have to go to the damn mall right at Christmas. A few days after Christmas I went in, paid the balance, picked up my tv and I've been watching it for weeks. Since then I get four phone calls a day from an automated system telling me my television is ready for pickup. Today I called, finally got somebody on the phone....AND THEY ARGUED WITH ME ABOUT WHETHER I'D PICKED IT UP. The lady even suggested somebody may have purchased it for me.

Apparently somebody forgot to scan my receipt when I picked it up and they are incapable of correcting that mistake. The system is apparently not going to be happy until another television leaves the store.

Morons.

:ROFLMAO:

I had a similar thing happen with a new dryer. Except I never got charged for it. They forgot to scan the receipt when I picked up, so the authorization dropped off my CC because the purchase was never "completed". I called and talked to the manager (Who, BTW, helped me LOAD THE DRYER IN MY TRUCK) who told me that what I was saying was impossible, I must be mistaken, there's no way I picked up a dryer. If I had, I would have been charged. I tried, unsuccessfully, for 15 minutes to explain that I had indeed picked it up, and from him. He all but flat out called me a liar. So, I now have a free dryer. Call me liar, and I'm done trying.

JKADesigns

Speaking of computer systems not understanding what happened... I had a local grocery store ship vinyl to their warehouse for me from another store, and when I went to pick it up I just went on the warehouse floor and got the vinyl. The people on the floor told me not to worry about paying for it, but being the good honest guy I am, I went and went about paying for it. I handed her the check and she said, oh should I call down and tell them you're picking it up. I said no, I already got it. Well, I'm sorry, I can't give you the invoice because you already picked it up. WTF!!!!!!!!

So they are going to send the invoice later.