• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your go to vinyl and lam for riveted trailers

tomence

I got to do 5 riveted semi trailers and want to know what is your go to vinyl with matching lam for the job. These are brand new and clean trailers but the catch is have to do them outside at probably 55 degrees weather.

I can get 3m 180cv3, avery 1005 ez rs or oracal 3951ra, 3m being the most and avery the least expensive. Size of the graphic is 4' x 4' circle. Can i get away with avery?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We love 3M's 480Cv3 for all onsite work.... That being said we have had success with Oracal 3751RA.

Lam we prefer to use 3M 8548 with the 480Cv3 and ARLON 3220 for other wrap films.

tomence

To me 3M's 480 is an overkill, i am leaning more towards Oracal or Avery. So that being said which of this two will remove better after 2-3 years?

To me 3M's 480 is an overkill, i am leaning more towards Oracal or Avery. So that being said which of this two will remove better after 2-3 years?

Both remove pretty well, I believe Oracal changed up their glue recently, I've never experienced it but some say they had a lot of residue left behind.

My personal favorite is Avery for install and removal.

MikePro

Arlon DPF6000XRP & corresponding laminates are my new fav.
prints, applies, & thermalforms great, no issues in the 3 years since i've started substituting for 3M.

tomence

Arlon DPF6000XRP & corresponding laminates are my new fav.
prints, applies, & thermalforms great, no issues in the 3 years since i've started substituting for 3M.

I believe you have the HP latex right? If so what profile do you use to print on Arlon?

MikePro

used IJ180cv3 profile off the bat, no color issues, but then eventually made my own profile via Onyx/HP26500.
i think arlon has stock profiles now via their website tho'.

edited: yup, 26500 profiles for Arlon materials, as well as other printer/rip combos, have been added to their website

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 5.40.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 5.40.40 PM.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 86