• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Whats your squeegee type for installing ?

Pippin Decals

2 Questions-

1. I do alot of 3m,Oracal 651,751,951 and Avery and was supplied with a couple lidco yellow squeegees, They are a little soft and dont last as long . Whats a good squeegee to go with for these materials i use?.

2. I primarily install 99% dry method on everything i do but thought about trying wet install ,so would the same squeegee work as in question 1 or is there another type as well you all suggest and use. and where do you buy yours from?. I get some material from fellers and uscutter right now .

Thank you.

ams

I use Oracal's Gray Squeegee for transfer taped applications and the blue squeegee with the white felt for laminate or wet applies.

equippaint

I prefer the cheap hard plastic squeegees, the ones we get are a dark gold color from uscutter in 10 packs.
For unmasked red oracal with microfiber edge or ill felt wrap one of the cheapies.

KMC

Graphic Artist
i am a big fan of the 3m gold for most uses with and without a sleeve
...but also have the Avery blue and red, a Teflon one and a wet install (paint protection wedge) in my kit

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you get nicks in the edges, you can "sharpen" the thing by running it against a wooden door frame or a piece of unpainted wood. learned that trick years ago.

Easier to run the edge back and forth next to the raised half tubes in the middle of another squeegee.

fresh

i like the 6" silver lidco squeegees for transfer tape applications, and we use the avery blue with felt for other stuff (but its not like we "Love" it, its just what we've been using.

petepaz

i too am a fan of the 3m gold but i do have some various lidco squeegees of longer lengths. also have a couple geek wraps squeegees for wraps or delicate stuff

Terry01

3M Gold and Oracle grey.. keep them in your pocket and not just thrown on the bench or in your box of tricks.
Same with felts and sleeves..keep them clean and you wont be doing reprints or repeats because of scratching.