• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

when adding a stroke

PMG

i dont work much in PS so bear with me here.......when i add a stroke to this, the inside of the stroke is a perfect 90* but the outside is rounded off.....how can i get this outside a perfect 90* like the inside of the stroke. any help would be cool...thank U

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 87

iSign

wow... that's some pretty nice looking work for not knowing the program well... I use it daily for 10 years... but just for the same few scratch the surface things... and I have almost never use a stroke of any kind in PS, except I remember seeing it in layer styles...

but I just went to see if they have a stroke pallet like illustrator that has little corner option icons...but instead, I made a selection, went to edit>fill to get a fill... and i noticed right under that in the edit pull-down menu was stroke... so i tried that & chose "center" (which is what I see in yours too) and mine was rounded too.. then I clicked undo, & went back and assigned the stroke to occur inside my selection & got square corners.

PMG

:thankyou:Doug i will look into that........this is about the 3rd job i have done in PS....took a lil time not knowing where everything is and what it does lol.....i need to work with this program a lil more.

PMG

Thanks again Doug.....your advice is spot on as always.....here is the finished product....LOL i think.....i have trouble knowing when enough is enough.....LOL keep in mind this is all self taught so dont beat me up to bad.....lol i know what it can be like to post artwork hahahahahaha:thankyou:

Attachments

• header daum4 jpg.jpg
    header daum4 jpg.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 57

iSign

no gripes here.. well, ok... just one.. fatten up the red stroke at the bottom :smile:

nice highlight twinkles (that's a technical term)...
..how about a quick tutorial on your methods there?

PMG

ya i seen that stroke after i posted it as well,lol as far as the twinkles it was as easy as creating a new layer and picking that brush and clicking 3 times per twinkle hehehhe simple........:rock-n-roll: