• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where do you go for supplies

D3D

I need that small section of hose with the fittings that comes off the filter and is used to bleed air on the Arizona 2280. I am seeing vendors like Digiprint Supplies selling tubing but they don't list he 2200 series specifically in their specs. Any pointers appreciated.

netsol

a good hardware store, automotive supply (the kind that has REAL repair parts, servicing truck repair shops, NOT A PEP BOYS or franchise
(these are getting harder to find!)
air compressor supply vendor etc

ikarasu

Isn't it just .25" tubing? We picked a roll up from home Depot for our cet flatbed.

As for the connectors... That I can't help you, but I'm sure it's probably just some standard connector you could pick up as well. Bring a hose / connector into home Depot and ask, and I'm sure they can point you to the right direction.

D3D

It might be .25" tubing, not sure, but I also know that the ink will degrade many types of plastic. I will see if I can get more info on that.

ikarasu

We've been using typical .25" from home Depot on our flatbed for a year, and it's been perfectly fine.

ikarasu

Wouldn't a printer such as an epson have metric size hoses ??
You'd think.... However a lot of stuff is made with American in mind.

All of our air hoses and a lot of our fittings are in Imperial even though Canada is a metric company. Almost everything I buy from our suppliers is measured in feet and in pounds. To be honest I'm more comfortable working with feet and inches than I am with metric because it is so widely used over here.

Let's take a ACM as an example.. everyone calls it a 4x8 sheet. No one here is going to call it 122x244 cm :roflmao:

Even if you're a metric company it's hard to escape Imperial when one of the biggest economies in the world uses Imperial