• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Level of Flexi Do I Need

sgns4u

We have purchased a Gerber Edge from a sign shop that went out of business. We also got Flexi 6.6 But 6.6 won't work with windows XP so we need to upgrade. Our options are: FlexiPrint & Cut
FlexiExpert
FlexiSign-Pro
Can we output from any of these Flexi's directly to the Gerber and not have to use Composer at all, which seems to be a tuff program to learn.

Thanks!!!
Sherry

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You need to be able to rip so it would be the Pro version.
7.6v2 or above work fine with the Edge.

Sign Works

We have purchased a Gerber Edge from a sign shop that went out of business. We also got Flexi 6.6 But 6.6 won't work with windows XP so we need to upgrade. Our options are: FlexiPrint & Cut
FlexiExpert
FlexiSign-Pro
Can we output from any of these Flexi's directly to the Gerber and not have to use Composer at all, which seems to be a tuff program to learn.

Thanks!!!
Sherry

I'm not sure if it has the driver for the Edge printer but Flexi Pro 6.6 v1 runs just fine on Windows XP.

Conor Knoxx

I use Flexi Print and Cut 8.1 on Windows XP.
It has a RIP of course (hence the "print" in the title...) its almost half the price of the Pro version, but lacks a few of the features (not many for the price difference! )
Look at their comparison charts to see the difference.

GARY CULY

since you stated you purchased an EDGE from another shop ,i take it they also give you a legal OMEGA program? If you have a legal omega with a dongle,you may be able to purchase a new flexi at a discounted [it was 1600 cheaper when i bought mine] price through a distributor. I had to mail them a real scan pic of the dongle and serial number for proof ,but it saved me a lot .Might ask around about that.Trying to get people to switch.Now if you have file created in OMEGA ,they will read as a PLT.file ,flexi will open them so you can use the vectors allredy created.Now you will have to work on them a bit first[re-fill colors,add new contor cuts,etc] but as i had hundreds of PLT. files all the vectors were there ,that saved thousands of hours recreating allready made files sir.

sgns4u

Thanks everyone!:thankyou:
I think we will go with the Print & Cut version of Flexi and we still need to learn Omega. So I may have some questions about Omega.
Sherry