• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Static Cling

Marie

Is there a front & back to white static cling? In other words, will it cling to the window if it is printed on the face and then the face is applied to the inside of a window facing out? It has clung for a day or two in our shop, but will it cling for a few months? Will the print (full color from Mimaki JV33) leave a residue on the glass when the cling is finally removed? Thanks for your input!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Absolutely

Is there a front & back to white static cling? In other words, will it cling to the window if it is printed on the face and then the face is applied to the inside of a window facing out? It has clung for a day or two in our shop, but will it cling for a few months? Will the print (full color from Mimaki JV33) leave a residue on the glass when the cling is finally removed? Thanks for your input!
That's not going to work, unfortunately. There's most definitely a "print side" and a "stick (static) side" to that material.
I have yet to think of a use for white static cling other than interior retail- where the first surface application isn't exposed to the elements (or vandals).
If you don't have a printer with white flood coat (we don't, either), we run the design in reverse on clear and laminate with an inexpensive white vinyl- ending up with a white static cling that can be applied second surface.

GB2

Old Member
Yes, you should never put the print side on the glass. I have however, given customers at their insistence, white static cling they applied to the exterior and it held up just fine for a very long time.