• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has a pricelist?

sdnj

I am just curious how many people have a pricelist for customers to look at on their shop wall?

CanuckSigns

we have a very small price list, but it's not on display, it only has "retail" items, such as rubber stamps and business cards, everything else we do has some custom element to it, so a set price would be silly.

Shadowglen

Nope. We are not a fast food restaurant, or retail store. We used to have a board for boat letters showing the different styles and prices, but the customer would still want to throw in their own twist, so I came to the conclusion 90% of what is done in signs is custom and needs to be quoted. That is just my opinion, but heck I could be missing the boat.

TXFB.INS

Yes we have price sheet, for the everyday items. ie banners, yard signs, business cards, shirts, etc... all of these items have the same price regardless of the design applied to them.
where the variable comes into play is the design, a text only "for sale" is going to be cheaper than a Full color custom creation.

obviously custom items are just that custom.

Z SIGNS

Yeah we got a price list.

Just like MacDonalds.

People can order a #1 #2 etc.

They can even super size if they want by adding drop shadows laminate etc.

Shadowglen

Yeah we got a price list.

Just like MacDonalds.

People can order a #1 #2 etc.

They can even super size if they want by adding drop shadows laminate etc.

If you sell to a customer in New York can you still super size, or does the Bloomberg's Ban effect you. :Big Laugh

Biker Scout

I used to have a price board. I still kinda have one, but not tweaked the prices to better reflect my area. I really only used it as "Guide" and not the price commandments. This is all custom, and nothing is set in stone. But depending on the types of work you do and the clients you have, sometimes having something to reference off of really helps not leaving any money on the table.

Also, having a physical board or sign you can point to, it takes some of the haggle room out of the pricing. Just point to the sign, and no... the owner is not in. I don't know when he's coming back this week. How soon would you like your [sign] sir?

That's another thing... never be the "owner" or the one who calls the shots. Just be a "guy" or a "manager" but not supervisor. I get that all the time. Customer: "Hi, is the owner in?" Me: "No, I'm sorry... he's not in. He might be in on Friday early in the morning to sign checks, but I know he's going out of town after that. But I can take your order and get it started for you."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A published price list for all customers to see on the wall........... no.

Basically, all signs are custom made, so we go from a base price in our software to whatever the customer requests.

So, if a person comes in and wants their name, description, phone and website on a pair of magnetics, we have a generalized price, but if they wanna add a picture, change this, change that and then take a day or two to decide, nope, ah-ah.... ain't gonna happen at a published price that they'll point to and wonder why you changed your pricing.

petepaz

everything is custom so no set menu on the wall. also we don't really have that type of business. not really any walk by or walk in traffic we are in an industrial complex. maybe for someone in a strip mall it might help business or make it easier.

no. that's a ridiculous idea.

That would depend on exactly what a particular shop does. Granted, we don't post prices on the wall, but we have price lists for banners, digital print items, stickers/decals, etc. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, but it obviously wouldn't fit your particular business model.