• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's a Photoshop Guru?

GoodPeopleFlags

I have a poster to design and got a little in over my head. A customer wants a poster made with some classic corvette pictures he took. I have all the photos on a page but I don't have a clue how to do what I want!

Anyone interested in taking this on? Keep in mind that he's giving this as a gift and is leaving town the 12th, so it has to be completed by then.

Thanks!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hmmmm... rather than ask someone to do it... why don't you tell us what you want and we can help YOU do it instead?

acothran

I don't know about "guru" but I use PS everyday and with a program like it, you never stop learning. As for the poster, I like Bigdawg's advice. Any chance you could find a sample pic in the style of what the customer wants? If you could explain in more detail or give an example, we might be of more help.

Allen

GoodPeopleFlags

I looked at some tutorials and either can't find what I'm looking for or it's beyond my level. I'm also in a time crunch. 1) He needs it designed & printed before he goes out of town and 2) my boss doesn't want me to spend alot of time on it. I figured it wouldn't be too difficult. He brought in a poster (see attached pic) of what he wanted and a disk of pics. I thought, "That's easy!"... until I really got into it. So, before I spent too much time, I thought I better hand this one over to someone who can do it better and quicker than me.

One thing I was having trouble with is the reflection. The pic of the car I want to use is in a "steep perspective", if that makes sense. Like the front, driver's side corner is coming right at ya. Now, if I take the pic, copy it, and flip it, the tires don't line up.

Another problem is the background image he wants. I don't know a creative way to incorporate it.

I also can't think of something creative for the side pics so they don't look like they're just stuck on there.

There will also be some text at the bottom: "Stink Ray" at GM's 100th Anniversary". Somewhere else, he wants, "Thanks, Wernier, for making it possible!".

I'll post what I have so far. Here's the pic of the poster he brought in.

Attachments

• CorvettePoster.jpg
    CorvettePoster.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 33

jiarby

did you post your pictures?? No one is going to just do the work for you (for free anyway), so if you want help you need to provide ALL the relevant information.

GoodPeopleFlags

Here's all I have so far. Keep in mind this is nowhere near finished! But I figured it would make more sense this way. This is just the bare-bones version.

The GM pic in the background needs to be subtle - NOT like it is now! The car needs a reflection. I would also like to do something better with the pics on the sides.

Any suggestions are welcome. If someone wants to take this on and do it for me, that's cool with me, too.

Attachments

• HenrysPoster.jpg
    HenrysPoster.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 42

GoodPeopleFlags

did you post your pictures?? No one is going to just do the work for you (for free anyway), so if you want help you need to provide ALL the relevant information.

Give me a minute, please. I was posting it as you were writing.
:tongue:

Also, I don't expect anyone to do it for free. Never thought that for a second. If someone wants to take on the job, let me know how much $$$.

GoodPeopleFlags

Here's a little back story on this job. My customer restores old Corvettes. He was driving one to GM's 100th Anniversary when it broke down. Oh no! He found a guy that works on them but it was going to be a couple of days before he could have it fixed... after the event. The mechanic also had a restored Corvette and offered to let my customer drive it to the Anniversay. The guy was a total stranger! How cool is that? So, my customer wants to make this poster as a gift for him. He will be going out of town and will see him the 12th.

Sometimes I don't care why customers want the weird and strange things they want. I'm glad I asked on this one! Awwww!

synergy_jim

I don't think you are doing a half bad job..... keep working on it....

if not, I am sure we could know it out in 45 mins to an hour.....

let me know