• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

who's business name is SIGNCRAFTERS?

CES020

Isn't that the name of that place that sells the "non-franchise" setup to people? You pay a lump sum up front and then no franchise fees?

Or am I thinking of something else?

CES020

Ahh, that's Sign World I was thinking of.

There is a Sign Crafters here that's a Sign World "franchise".

My brother and I decided to open our shop 15 years ago. My dad had been in the sign business for 30 years at the time. He thought about it for a few days and decided we should be called Signcrafters. He'd subscribed to SignCraft magazine for years and said he'd never seen/heard another shop with that name. (The next issue, I saw a biz card in there from a Signcrafters from somewhere. :smile:)

Within the first 6 months I found out there are eleventy-billion shops called Signcrafters. When I first started ordering supplies from Louisville, they often got mistakenly sent to the Signcrafters there. When I ordered supplies from Knoxville, they often got sent to the Signcrafters in Loudon, TN.

All the variations of signcrafters web domains were taken when we set up our old site in 1997. We went with signcraftersinc.com. The design/hosting company was so bad we made them take it down. I guess I need to get around to doing something about getting a new one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There was a SignCrafters of Reading some years ago, but they did such terrible work they went under after a few years. There was another Signcrafters down in the Norristown area which is also out of business and I've heard there were many others also in PA alone. I can only imagine around the rest of the country it's much the same.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
yea, i know, the name is out there, there are a bunch of them, which is why i offered up the name(s).

i missed getting signcrafters.com by a few days back when, still kicking myself as i was planning on buying it for about a year, when i finally got off my a$$ it was literally sold a few days before.

i went with signcrafters.ws for a few years until .us opened up.

my web presence is weak, and really not needed at the moment, so i figured if there is any signcrafters out there looking for a better name than the ones the registartion places suggest like myesigncraftersincsigncenter.com i'd offer up the two i'm not really using...

Your contact page doesn't work on the website.....
every once in a while that page won't load, click it again and it will, haven't figured that one out yet.....