• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's getting reday for Christmas and the holidays

Marlene

We've got an order for some shape cut Christmas displays already.......seems a little early to me. I like the holidays but I find it's crazy that it goes from Halloween to X-mas season overnight on October 31st.

There is a big controversy around here right now about retailers filling the shelves with Christmas stuff the day after Halloween. There are lots of people pushing for them to hold off until after Remembrance/Veterans Day to honor all the veterans. So far there are a few local mom and pop shops that have gone this route but most greedy big box retailers can't be bothered.

Oh and Christmas commercials and movies on tv are already in full force! :rolleyes:

way too commercial now. people whine about the war on Christmas because Starbucks didn't put a raindeer on their cups but totally ignore that Christmas is just one huge sales event starting in Oct.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There are two Christmases nowadays.

The one I remember as a kid and still take part in with family and friends of sharing gifts, good tidings and cheer. Then, there is the commercial Christmas which is all about making money.

I take part in both. Anyone who wants to spend money anytime of the year for any reason is a good customer in my book. Anyone who wants to share good times and friendship are also welcomed.

For those who are complaining about the earliness of Christmas...... who are the people always b!tching about..... why is it only at Christmastime that people are so happy and friendly ?? It should be this way throughout the year ?? Well, here they are....... giving you an extra 2 or 3 months of it. Stop complaining. :Big Laugh

Jwalk

When you are saying how there's two Christmas' I thought you were going to say the busy type and the slow types. Because that's what I either have. I used to help a crew set up the Christmas decorations at a few malls. That always got me in the Christmas spirit.
I love Christmas for the most part, I enjoy playing a few Christmastime tunes on my guitar.

reQ

Well, i am looking fortward for Xmas... because i will take some time off Dec 24 to Jan 5. Because thats the only time a year i can have some time off lol

signrios

im waiting for christmas too!! i've been pretty busy this past month. its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
im shutting down my home based shop from Dec.18th to Jan. 5th !!!

There is a big controversy around here right now about retailers filling the shelves with Christmas stuff the day after Halloween. There are lots of people pushing for them to hold off until after Remembrance/Veterans Day to honor all the veterans. So far there are a few local mom and pop shops that have gone this route but most greedy big box retailers can't be bothered.

Oh and Christmas commercials and movies on tv are already in full force! :rolleyes:

You guys are slow. A friend of mine is a manager at our local Lowes and they had to stay late putting up Christmas decorations at least a month before Halloween. :rolleyes:

Our retailers in Canada are not putting any xmas decorations before Remembrance Day.
Good for them. We ate at a Chinese restaurant the day before Halloween while we were out of town on an installation. They were playing nothing but Christmas music on their piped-in music.

Sidney

I have seen some awesome Christmas displays & signage at most of the major retailers and mom & pop businesses. Now if it would just cool down here in Florida:) Sidney