• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why does Omega open a NEW session of composer when clicking on a file sent via email

Keith K

When I receive a .plt file in an email (with composser already open) and double click on it, composer launches a New session of compooser instead of just opening up the file in the currently working session of composser?

JRgraphics

How to open .plt file from email

When I receive a .plt file in an email (with composser already open) and double click on it, composer launches a New session of compooser instead of just opening up the file in the currently working session of composser?

Hi Keith, just drag and drop on the open composer.:smile:

round man

just do what jrgraphics suggests,...when you dbl click a file name, windows goes to the exe file associated with that file suffix in this case plt becomes associated with the exe file for composer when you installed composer and opens a new window just like the program was intended to do with files of that type

Keith K

I know the drop and drag method.
(I'm reminded the second after I double click on the file, and a new session of composer starts to launch)

It's just not the most intuitive way of working (at least for me anyway).
Used to be able to open them by double clicking in older versions of Omega (Progress - ??).

Thanks all who took the time to comment.

KK