• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will cast vinyl hold up under the hood of a car?

Signed Out

I have a customer looking to place service decals under the hoods of vehicles they service. It will get hot under there. Anybody ever use regular cast vinyl, or any other digital vinyl with good results for something like this? .008" thick aluminum decals are probably best suited for this but they are a little pricey.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have a customer looking to place service decals under the hoods of vehicles they service. It will get hot under there. Anybody ever use regular cast vinyl, or any other digital vinyl with good results for something like this? .008" thick aluminum decals are probably best suited for this but they are a little pricey.

We've tried. Unless some new material has come out in the last year, the short answer is no - it won't work. The only thing that will last under there is the etched/engraved decals. Anything printed won't hold up.