• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will OMEGA 2.5 print straight to anything but a gerber printer?

David Snider

Just got 2.5 a few weeks ago. Can I print and cut straight to my Mimaki equipment or is there a way to avoid any previous steps prior to 2.5.

We run ONYX 6.5 with 7.0 on the way.

Thanks for any help

threeputt

I'm running Omega 2.1 straight to Roland SP-540V. Would think that 2.5 would run, no problem.

But I can't cut/print straight to Roland. I have to make an end run around Gerber to Corel to pick up the cut command.

My RIP isn't Onyx though. It's VersaWorks.

I would love to hear of your experience with 2.5.

threeputt

Dave, there aren't a lot of Gerber guys on this forum running any digital printing except on Gerber stuff. I think that Gerber would like you to believe that you can only use their printers. Not true!

My Roland prints beautifully. But there are a couple of little things that need tweaking.

Tony Teveris

Threeputt I'm confused. You say you print "directly" to your ink-jet but then you say you export as eps.

Does the Roland provide a windows driver so you can "paper print" from any app, and / or do you always export to eps and use VersaWorks to "rip" your EPS ?

"Gerber would like you to believe that you can only use their printers", who said this ?