• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Banding Installation

Pinfinity

I would like to receive opinions on ideas re the attached sketch. I am going to install banding on approximately 75' of storefront window for a client. I am looking for help on
a suggestion of a best method of material and attachment. The customer does not want graphics applied directly to the window.

The material has to be lightweight and rigid enough to span approximately 6' sections between the mullions. I was thinking of using PVC but unless I use a thicker mil, it wouldn't be rigid enough. I would also have to contend with fastening the panels to the mullins.
Maybe L-brackets or ???

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Dinettes unlimited banding.jpg
    Dinettes unlimited banding.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 51

Pinfinity

Banding installation

Mose

Yes a total of 75' of window. Each section is approx 6' Yes I could tie into mullions I believe

Moze

I'd use .187'' acrylic or 6mm ACM/ACP and cut a keyhole at each end. Run a screw into the million and the panels could easily be removed and rehung.

Pinfinity

Thanks Moze, your suggesting using something like Alumilite 1/4"? Im not sure about the key hole idea and the end of each panel and a support screw and the ends of the mullions?
Can you explain further?

Thanks much

Moze

Quick sketch...

The fat part of the keyhole goes over the screw head. The narrow part of the keyhole slides over and hangs on the shaft of the screw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-26-16-23-27_20130526162431535.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-26-16-23-27_20130526162431535.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 34