• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf streaks/blotches

teampix

Founder, President, Janitor
I saw these blotches on the print coming off the printer but they were very subtle on the release paper. Look more like light water stains than extra ink.

I was just ignorant enough to assume I might be seeing a slight separation of the print from the release paper and did the application anyway. Obviously that did not go well.

I believe this is Briteline 80/20 that may be fairly old. Printed on a fairly new Mimaki JV100 with SS21 inks. No issues with other media.

Anyone have an issue like this? Thanks.

Attachments

• Window Perf Streaks.jpg
    Window Perf Streaks.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 174

teampix

Something in the resizing of my image upload is causing a lot of moire making the blotches hard to see. The lines are in the feed direction and towards the bottom there are some that are diagonal to the feed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Fairly old may be the culprit, but have done it on stuff 2 or 3 years old, without a problem. Looks as though some of the lettering is slightly heavier in the blotchy areas, too. Have you tried running it again ??

teampix

Going to run it again tomorrow with fresh media. Heck, I'll run it on some IJ35 today and see what we get. Thanks.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Good to hear it's not your printer! A few on here have had issues with the Briteline but others use it...