• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work flow PDF? /pdf proofing from newbe

richsweeney

I run a small commerical print shop and plan to install a hp latex printer. We are not a full sign shop, this is just to meet the requests we get with print orders.

We use a pdf workflow, and I would prefer to stay with it. Perhaps it is not as a big of deal with signs, but I really like the client to sign off on a ripped pdf vs a pre-ripped pdf. Any thoughts ?

rfulford

What rip will you be using with your latex printer? Can you describe your current work flow in more detail?

Generally speaking, I think you will have to purchase an extra print driver for your rip if I am understanding you correctly. Set up your second driver to rip to tiff or pdf with enough resolution to use as a print file when approved. Set up the rip to file driver to output to a hot folder that you can monitor with another application. Distiller might work. Set it up to drop the resolution to a size that can be emailed to the customer. Once approved, rip and print from the high res tif file.