• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workflow... best practice suggestions???

54warrior

I am going to try and explain this as best as possible, the shop who has been printing for me does all of his ripping/cutting from Flexi. I design in Corel Draw X3 and am very efficient with Photoshop. I have no issues taking files from .cdr and changing to .psd to do effects and what not. The guy I send to though, doesn't like handling the large .psd files. He would prefer that everything is done in vector.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I, personally, would prefer to just do what I need to do in .cdr, send to .psd and add gradiants and effects, etc., then send him the layered .psd file.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I really struggle with making similar effects in .cdr as what I can in .psd.

Thanks!

Dice

Can you save out as a PDF? This will maintain the vector format and your printer should be able to handle a PDF if he's worth anything.

Skye

publish pdf

we publish to pdf from corel every day and works great.
PDF will even embed cut contour lines. file is not too big.