• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would this be a dye sub process?

Mr. T

I have a client that I have been making small die cut digital prints which he applies to a 1.5" diameter carbon fiber cylinder (rod). He just told me he heard of a heat tranfer process?? that he could apply the logo to his product then clear coat over it. It was not a screen print. Can anyone put me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Tracy

BPI Color

I think he's referring to thermographic imaging. But that's a conventional printing process and not suitable for anything but a flat surface. Mile High used to specialize in an inkjet process for non-standard surfaces. Check them out.

Red Earth

It could be pad printed, as mentioned, but not a heat process. There is a chemical you can apply to the product, sublimate and then clear coat. It's not that durable though. It also has to withstand approx. 380 degree temps. I have used on a few occasions with not so great results.

PJ