• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you pay 33 cents a day for the newest latest and greatest Adobe Photoshop?

phototec

Would you pay 33 cents a day for the newest latest and greatest Photoshop?

And also have the latest and greatest Adobe Lightroom, well TODAY is the last day to sign-up for both for only $9.99 a month.

I have resisted going to the cloud version(s), I'm a die hard: "want it in the box" type person, but there have been many NEW features added to PS and I will not be able to have access unless I get on board, or get on the cloud.

So' this offer of 33 cents a day is really, really attractive and I just might have to bite the bullet TODAY!

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?promoid=KHQFP

They are two major features in the new PS version I like, The NEW Camera Raw Filter, you can add camera raw edits to almost any image and any layer, because its NOW a filter, and the Camera Shake Reduction filter.

Camera Raw Filter
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-cc/adobe-camera-raw-acr-as-filter-in-ps/

Camera Shake Reduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66yKdIXMAu8

:thumb:

OldPaint

NOOOOOO.........
.33 X 365=$120.00 A YEAR.....then its sorta like "demarage" i pay on my ox-acetalyne tanks))))) idont OWN EM......

phototec

NOOOOOO.........
.33 X 365=$120.00 A YEAR.....then its sorta like "demarage" i pay on my ox-acetalyne tanks))))) idont OWN EM......

Ok, maybe you don't use Photoshop, but if you were to purchase a boxed version of CS6, it has a list price of over $700.

This posting is for others like me who USE Photoshop and know the value of this software, IMHO, the GREATEST software of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And Illustrator is number 2!!!

:smile:

royster13

I am a "happy" CC subscriber.......I use Illustrator daily and InDesign, Acrobat Pro and PhotoShop a couple times a week.....Great value in my opinion.....

Baz

Kicked my stubbornness to the curb and signed on to the cloud a few weeks ago. (67.00$ a month Cnd.)

I could not be more happy about how well the programs are working. Coming off of 32 bit programs and using the 64 bit versions is just awesome working on large files. So far it's been real nice to use with no adjustment time needed, but i haven't had time to learn "what's new" in Illustrator and Photoshop (i moved up from CS2) but i am looking forward to exploring new features.

I mainly use Illustrator/Photoshop/Acrobat Pro.

SignManiac

Sounds like a good deal but I'll be damned if I'm going to give up thirty years of Corel knowledge and start all over learning Adobe. Besides, my business partner is all Adobe and knows it really well, at least the photoshop side. I don't think he knows very much about the Illustrator side but between his knowledge and mine, we can handle just about anything.

CES020

I didn't want to do the CC thing either, but I too have found it to be outstanding. Not from a bug perspective, don't get me started on the time frame for fixing bugs, but from the value side, it's huge. Adobe Muse, Premier, After Effects, all amazing products that we now have at our disposal.

phototec

You can upgrade CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6 until May 30, for $29.99/month first year for Master edition.

Yea, that's what Adobe told me today, but I have the complete CS5 suite and for what I do with Illy, the CS5 version works great, there is only so much you can do with a vector program.

Now, Photoshop on the other hand, there are some awesome new features, have you used the Content Aware scale, or Content Aware fill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNhHs4Kk580

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding-adobe-photoshop-cs6/contentaware-fillscaleheal/

player

It will start off at $10 per month, then it will go up and up and up... my satellite TV was $29 per month, within 1 year it was $45.

When you stop paying it stops working?

phototec

It will start off at $10 per month, then it will go up and up and up... my satellite TV was $29 per month, within 1 year it was $45.

That is true, it's only a one year contract, and if it goes up too much, you can opt out. I Have PS CS6, so I will always have that level of features (like I have now).

HulkSmash

we pay 60 a month for the whole CC suite cloud, and i find that to be a deal. Never understood why people risk the integrity of files and artwork, and your business in general for a few dollars. If you're struggling saving 40 dollars a month on software - you should probably look into a new business venture.

CES020

Sure, but if you're running a business and making money off of your design services, is $50 a month putting you on the cutting edge of making a living? I hope not.

We see it as a tool, a tool that's helping us produce product. Just like our router using consumables to make it work, just like our printer uses ink. They are all parts of the machine that comes together to make finished product. If you can't afford $50 a month out of your business, then you probably don't need all the tools it offers.

If they do raise the price to some crazy number, Corel products open commonly used files, illustrator and photoshop files.

GB2

Old Member
The thing with me is that I have 6 computers with the Adobe suite on them and that cost becomes a bit of an issue when subscribing to the cloud version. The other thing is that even if you can function well enough on your own with older versions of the software, you'll find that interacting with the rest of the world as they migrate to the cloud versions becomes problematic.

OldPaint

iam with sign maniac..........ADOBE PRODUCTS never were used(i did like freehand)...since i got a computer in 1992. iam a pen and pencil trained draftsman, and in 1992 i found out that i could use COREL 3 to cut vinyl on my ROLAND vinyl cutter.....and NEEDED NO OTHER PROGRAM to make money))))) only limitation with corel in versions 3, 4 was a 30 inch X 30 inch work space....figured out how to work past that)))) along with CORLE DRAW 3 was included PHOTOPAINT, the same thing as PHOTOSHOP..... for way less money and really didnt need that to cut vinyl. corel 7 came out with a 150 foot X 150 foot workspace(illy still cant match that)WITH ALL THE FONTS, you could ever want......so that is what i stayed with and STILL CANT SEE how ILLY or PHOTOSHOP is so much better. i dont have a solvent printer but do have an aquas 36". at the present iam using X3........and might get X7.......when i get a new SSD with WIN 7 and see how it works. but i see nothing illy or photoshop does any better........

Techman

You all are missing the future of your self employment.
Every thing is going subscription. Sure you like paying 720 a year for a software package. Then next year it will be 7 packages all at 720 a year. yes, over 5 grand a year just to run your business. OOOPS. I mean to let them run your business. That is exactly what is happening. They are shifting the entire model so you will be required to pay them to run your business. They are stealing yoru right to make decisions that fit your model.

On one hand that will be good because it creates a barrier to the low ball hobbyist who will not pay the money. One the other hand it will create a barrier to some like us who cannot justify that cost because of our low work load. It could create a level of support for those with the packages who would trade finished work with each other.

Personally. I had my fill of subscriptions and plan to avoid them at all cost.

royster13

Yea, that's what Adobe told me today, but I have the complete CS5 suite and for what I do with Illy, the CS5 version works great, there is only so much you can do with a vector program.

Now, Photoshop on the other hand, there are some awesome new features, have you used the Content Aware scale, or Content Aware fill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNhHs4Kk580

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding-adobe-photoshop-cs6/contentaware-fillscaleheal/

Have you used "Data Merge" with InDesign?.....

PS.....Love those new PS tools, just wish I had a chance to use them more often...

CES020

Personally. I had my fill of subscriptions and plan to avoid them at all cost.

I wish it was that easy. Cell phones, alarm systems, sign forums (nod nod, wink wink), trade magazines, etc. They all want a piece of my pie. I just have to pick which one's help make me money. If it doesn't make me money or help me make more money, then it drops off the list. If it's making me money, I'm happy to pay for it.