• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you pay 33 cents a day for the newest latest and greatest Adobe Photoshop?

jrsc

Does anybody know of a way to pay per person instead of per computer? I know it lets you put it on 2 computers but that's not enough. We have 4 users and at least 12 computers I would like it one. We have desktops, laptops, front counter computers, production computers, etc but only 4 users. Just depends where we are. I would be all about it if I can pay per user. I don't need to and can't use it on all the computers at once but would like access on each.

Jacob

Adobe cloud

Any of you guys who have switched to the cloud, any issues? We are getting new computers and my plan is to put the new stuff on the cloud but before I do I would like to know if there are any problems or issues out there?

CES020

I'm really happy with the applications. I don't use the "cloud" often at all. However, I have downloaded just about every application available and done some cool things. Some for fun, some for work. I'v never once had an issue with trying to open a file without an internet connection, etc.

The only issue I have had was when I needed an application to open a customers file, which was a rush job, the server that allows you to download apps was down for about 2 days.

Outside of that, I'm really happy. Some of the tools in the new version of Photoshop are very helpful, like their content aware fill improvements and their camera shake reduction tools have helped me a number of times. Certainly earned me the $50 a month it cost me each month.

AF

I aint doing the cloud. Not interested. On adobe or flexi or anything

Adobe has the only "cloud" package that makes economic sense for a business IF you use several of the applications on a routine basis. Technically Adobe CC has nothing to do with the cloud, it is a subscription service and the software is run locally, only needing to phone home once month. CC includes some remote storage, maybe that is how they figure it relates to the cloud. CC is not even SAAS software as a service. The only fear with using it was the prior data breach and potential future data breach since they store your financial information indefinitely.

I prefer the subscription model offered by Autodesk. You buy and own the software and can opt in to a "subscription" program to receive new versions of the software. If you opt out of the subscription, your software still works. You can't opt back in again, so that is their motivating factor to stay in the program. Several RIPs use this model as well.

Perhaps the ideal win-win subscription would be a combination of Adobe and Autodesk programs. You would not need to front the large cash outlay to get started, but have a "payoff" period where if you opt out after x number of months, you can continue to use the last version of the software at the time you cancel. Similar to subsidized cell phones, but without a contract.

boxerbay

we're on CS5 and it works fine. no reason to upgrade. CS5 has content aware scale and fill. CC is not a quantum leap in features that justifies the expense. at least not for us.

visual800

are you still writing letters by hand, using a land line, and paying for everything with cold hard cash? never say never.

handlettering, naw! The other 2? Pretty much. I got cs5 in a box and im just fine with it. Maybe one day ill do it but not until i absolutely have to. I have a problems with "leasing" stuff

Techman

the model is failing..
On one hand some are paying the subscription fees.
On the other hand CC has been hacked and the cheaters are still using it for free.
If adobe was really and truly interested in stopping the FREE usage they would never again issue enterprise keys..

On the other side of this coin. I am still using Photoshop 6 for most of my stuff. I have little need for most of the modern utterances and "features"

What few little hindrances are addressed via cs2. Look like I will retire long before the need for an update happens.

Suz

NO! I would not. Still mad that I've purchased Photoshop, then years later the upgrade to CS2 Premium and now I am having to go through a bunch of hassle to get new serial numbers to make my CS2 products work. Today, I was told online by an Adobe Rep, "I suggest you upgrade to CS6" rather than him help me to get my "fully paid for" copy of CS2 Acrobat 8 Pro working. Nice! Hanging onto my money as long as I can.

Suz

you can download and get legal keys for cs2 for free from adob's website download service

Hi Techman,
Thank you. Yes, I know that now. After owning it for many years, just frustrated they've made it so available for all, yet it is a hassle for those who paid to have to get new serial numbers and the old discs you bought with your software package no longer work. It was just a pain in the rear and I'm just expressing myself. Apparently, lots of other people discovered this before I did. I think Jan. of 2013 is when Adobe screwed it all up. I'm loving my CorelDraw even more now than I aleeady did. I used to love Adobe stuff. Before that, Aldus. I'm done whining now. Back to re-loading all my software. LOL!