• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wow the static makes lamination very difficult

gabagoo

I found this morning while laminating some vinyl that I could barely get the backing paper to slide off the backing paper. It was real fight that resulted in less than desirable results. Any hints on how to reduce the static momentarilly so that the lam flows smoothly?

jiarby

dust off the print with a dryer fabric softener sheet (then blow off with canned air in case of dust). You can attach a few to an old Swiffer stick.

Rooster

Mop the floor in the room you're laminating in before you start.

Swiffer sheet the media.

No static, no dust.

soundhound

These are good ideas (I haven't tried the swiffer yet).

I have a really serious static problem because we are fully carpeted, and in Vermont the dry heat is on all winter.

What I do is keep a spray can of static guard around and before i start laminating I quicly spray a light mist over the work area and give it a few minutes to work.

I also spray my studio brush with the static guard (I guess that's my swiffer) and make sure that I am also standing below the mist when it settles.

Don't use much... you should not get anything wet. A can lasts me up to a year... and I don't know what i would do without it!

gabagoo

It's actually quite remarkable just how strong the static can be to prevent the backing paper from sliding off. It was almost like it was glued on.

G-Artist

Magic dusters work fairly well and they recharge themselves.

I "dust" my coro blanks before screen printing them with one and it works great for me when there is no moisture in the air plus it cleans off any particles that may produce hickies.