• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap vs Cut Vinyl for Windows?

daenterpri

We have some lower window panels to wrap on a building in plain white. 56" x 27" panels. The customer wants every other panel to have text cut out of the wrap panel. Initially I was going to do these wraps with regular cut vinyl, wet install.

However, because they are low to the ground, and because they have to be transfer taped because of the embedded text, It's a bit of a pain. Is there any reason why I wouldn't use a good wrap vinyl instead with air egress adhesive and just do a dry install? Was thinking Arlon 6100XLP digital, unlaminated.

Is this an acceptable way of wrapping windows in white? :)

Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I use Air Release (IJ35 or IJ180) all the time for plain white text. Install time cut in half. No bubbles, no liquids. Do it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I use Air Release (IJ35 or IJ180) all the time for plain white text. Install time cut in half. No bubbles, no liquids. Do it.

Ditto on that here too. Might also consider what the customer expects to see from the other side. "Clear" adhesive will allow white to be seen from behind whereas other vinyls can be had with a "blockout" which is gray.

T_K

From my experience, you lose the benefit of the air egress the moment you put application tape over top.