• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping Our Step Van - Looking For Stock Photos Of Sign Shop

Signs2u

here's a cool sign shop pic from before my time:

http://islandsign.com/OldSite/oldsignshop.jpg

hey... here's a narrow room... and you could photoshop in a wall wrap & whatever printers you want:

http://islandsign.com/OldSite/newoffice.jpg

holy crap.. I remember the day I built this & moved in... this might even win me GAC05's neatfreak award:

http://islandsign.com/OldSite/newtoolroom2.jpg

That old sign shop is really neat. Awesome picture. Love the tiling in the second picture and definitely narrow, and holy claustrophobia on the third one but it is very very neat in there. More toolboxes and crates than I would know what to do with in a room that size lol. Thanks for the pictures though. Fun and neat stuff.

Signs2u

why not go take a picture of a BRIDGE? standing in the middle of the road looking across it?
put that on the back of your van..........this people behind you think they atr going to cross a BRIDGE)))))))))

haha neat idea. playing on tricking the eye is really what I wanted to achieve with this whole thing. I also saw a neat bus that looked like someone was hanging off of it with their dogs chasing some brand of food or snacks or something. It was just really neat to see.

Do you do car wraps? If so, bring a vehicle to a clean garage bay, pose a couple of people like they are applying the wrap ( have one person holding a large side wrap , one person working another section and take some pictures. The bay should be a similar dimension to the inside of your truck (square ) , so the goal is to make it look like the car is actually in the truck.

Tim, Yes we do a lot of car, fleet and truck/trailer wraps. It would be neat to do something like that. I will definitely talk to the guys to see what they think too. There are a lot of different options.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback. Its fun to throw ideas back and forth.

-Joel

iSign

...holy claustrophobia on the third one but it is very very neat in there. More toolboxes and crates than I would know what to do with in a room that size lol. Thanks for the pictures though. Fun and neat stuff.

that pics was 3 years ago! ...if you think that's claustrophobic...
a few months ago, I decided to move it all downstairs to create more space for finishing work, next to my laminator... so I squeezed it all in next to my router:

http://islandsign.com/easter1.jpg

Signs2u

that pics was 3 years ago! ...if you think that's claustrophobic...
a few months ago, I decided to move it all downstairs to create more space for finishing work, next to my laminator... so I squeezed it all in next to my router:

http://islandsign.com/easter1.jpg

That looks amazing though honestly. Despite the lack of space it is very well organized and that looks like more tools than a snap on truck lol. Makes me wish we had more tools. I thought we had a lot until I saw this wall lol. Where is your shop is it just a small building or in your house?

iSign

I have 2w adjacent warehouse spaces in a commercial building here on Maui. They both started out at 750 square feet with 24 ft. ceilings. I've built 2 lofts on each side & it's almost all claustrophobically well organized. Rents are quite high around here, so i put off the expansion to a second bay for 12 years.. and build up instead...

I had another photo I thought you might like, but I couldn't find it. I know i posted it in some Signs101 "show me your shop" threads, so I'll look through those... brb

Signs2u

I have 2w adjacent warehouse spaces in a commercial building here on Maui. They both started out at 750 square feet with 24 ft. ceilings. I've built 2 lofts on each side & it's almost all claustrophobically well organized. Rents are quite high around here, so i put off the expansion to a second bay for 12 years.. and build up instead...

I had another photo I thought you might like, but I couldn't find it. I know i posted it in some Signs101 "show me your shop" threads, so I'll look through those... brb

Haha that is awesome. Oh I bet rent is outrageous there. We got a killing on our building. 850 a month for a 4k Sq-ft building. With a Bay and upstairs loft with office spaces. We also are located in Boise, ID and not Maui lol. I think I would sacrifice the space for the beautiful views each morning but that is just me. Well you definitely make the little space you have look awesome. Those pictures are crazy. I enjoy seeing shops though. I found a post on here about pointimaging.com s warehouse and could not believe how big it was until I saw the warehouse compared to one of the workers haha. How is the sign business over there? Or do you ship out signs?

-Joel

Signs2u

Oh and just went to your website, what a wonderful design, I am usually not a HUGE fan of Flash sites but man that site is just amazing. I really love the waves and reflections. Its weird I swear when looking at it I hear light waves and seagulls but then again maybe I am just imagining it. If not then you should add it lol.