• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping the Chrome on a New Tesla

pjfmeister

I have a customer wanting to wrap the chrome parts of the door handles, trim and mirrors on a new Tesla. They want to change all the chrome trim around the windows and at the bottom of the doors to black carbon fiber. Does anybody have experience wrapping the chrome trim on this car or others?
My concerns are....will it hold up for very long term, will it ruin the chrome when removed?
Lastly the chrome on the mirrors looks impossible at a glance...
Any help or guidance appreciated...

Attached are a couple pictures showing all the chrome.

Attachments

• 2013_tesla_model-s_det_lt_120313_600.jpg
    2013_tesla_model-s_det_lt_120313_600.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 2013-tesla-model-s-mirror.jpg
    2013-tesla-model-s-mirror.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen-Shot-2014-10-10-at-9.28.00-AM-626x307.png
    Screen-Shot-2014-10-10-at-9.28.00-AM-626x307.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 124
I have put vinyl over chrome and it's stayed there many years and brand new chrome underneath. Just don't overheat especially if it's plastic. Other then that GFL with that side mirror joint.

worthy1

Without being able to see one in person it is a bit hard to give exact advice but wrapping chrome trim is always a bit of a pain in the arse.

Chrome window surrounds
Not usually to bad except for the rear quarter window, can be tricky to tuck into the rubbers there. Mini squeegees will be your friend in those spots.

Handles
like any other, Front in one piece with joins on the back for the second piece.

Mirrors
Should be able to put joins underneath each section. Does have the annoying colour that needs to be wrapped righ under the actual mirror glass.

Definitely charge accordingly!

pjfmeister

thanks for the feedback.....I am considering "punting" on this one. Its not like its the chrome trim on an '95 F150 so perfection is important

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very good and professional decision. Not many would turn something down, but the ability to walk away from something, takes a keen sense of business smarts. :thumb:

HulkSmash

thanks for the feedback.....I am considering "punting" on this one. Its not like its the chrome trim on an '95 F150 so perfection is important

I agree. This is actually a big waste of time that will not pay out.
stick to the sure money makers!