• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTB. Omega Composer software 2.5

natedawg9640

Hi guys, I know this is a long shot, but I use composer at the place where I work and would love it if I had it at home to play with. If anyone has a copy with the dongle thing that they aren't using much, and feel like parting ways, let me know! I can't really afford toooo much for a hobby copy, but I figured I'd throw this out there. Much thanks in advance if you can help me out!

Nathan

signage

If you just want to learn it and play around you could in stall a copy of it from work and use it but you will not be able to save anything! I do not believe you are going to find a copy of Composer cheap!

natedawg9640

If you just want to learn it and play around you could in stall a copy of it from work and use it but you will not be able to save anything! I do not believe you are going to find a copy of Composer cheap!

yeah... :( i know. lol Is that what the dongle thing does? allow you to write the files?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Omega runs in demo mode without the dongle which allows you to learn the program. As stated, you just can't save or output what you create.

natedawg9640

I'm already quite handy with the program. I use it every day at work. I would like it at home so I can use it to design and vectorize my own personal stuff, friends stuff, that sort of thing so I don't have to stay late to use the work programs.

What does it retail for these days?

signage

An other option for you that would be cheaper is Corel or a design seat of Omega! For the price on a design seat I would recommend calling your supplier!

natedawg9640

can you expand upon said design seat?

to be honest i'm not a fan of corel. I already have the CS2 adobe suite, I just like the streamlined abilitys in composer.

signage

The design seat is Composer that will not output to plotter/printer but you can design and save the file!

natedawg9640

The design seat is Composer that will not output to plotter/printer but you can design and save the file!

So i could technically design/save print ready files, then output them at work if i needed to actually produce something from said files?

If I install the design seat and in the future want the output option, is there an add-on or upgrade for it? or do i have to re-buy the whole program? some day i may consider getting an edge or something of the like.

Tony Teveris

Get work to "spring" for

OMEGA™ Layout Station (New)
Allows for complete design activities without any output. Show customers
concepts in the front office. Design on a laptop away from the shop. Add
design stations and save files to a network folder for output.

natedawg9640

Get work to "spring" for

OMEGA™ Layout Station (New)
Allows for complete design activities without any output. Show customers
concepts in the front office. Design on a laptop away from the shop. Add
design stations and save files to a network folder for output.

What is the approximate retail for that setup?

natedawg9640

I'm still going to at least attempt to find something second hand. there are enough shops closing up that someone shoudl pop up with a copy for a bit of a discount somewhere. At least, that's what i'm really hoping. it's such an expense when you aren't planning on being "profitable" with it. lol