• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTH is this architect talkin bout?

visual800

We are bidding a large job for a military base. Nothing new, done it before, going thru the plans and then I come across some terminology I have never seen. Am I missing something here? what is a dam shadow plate! I swear architects smoke a bowl when they start designing stuff and referring to sign terms

these are lighted letters bottom mounted to a canopy

Attachments

• ext canopy.jpg
    ext canopy.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48

reQ

Dunno what confuses you. Pretty regular stuff, i do understand it all personally. Did sort of same project for Burger King

reQ

maybe say what it is instead of just saying 'I know what it is, you're dumb'
Oh gosh, i never called anyone dumb and believe me or not never thought about that also. You act like women - You tell them something simple but they finish the idea in their head and come up with weirdest things :)

And yes, shadow plate means halo lit

J Hill Designs

Oh gosh, i never called anyone dumb and believe me or not never thought about that also. You act like women - You tell them something simple but they finish the idea in their head and come up with weirdest things :)

And yes, shadow plate means halo lit

you said:
Dunno what confuses you. Pretty regular stuff, i do understand it all personally. Did sort of same project for Burger King

your first post says absolutely nothing except 'im smart you're dumb'

reQ

your first post says absolutely nothing except 'im smart you're dumb'

Well, i did not mean that. I was just trying to see whats confusing on that paper & said that there is nothing that confuses me. If i did insult topic starter i do apologize :)

visual800

Well, i did not mean that. I was just trying to see whats confusing on that paper & said that there is nothing that confuses me. If i did insult topic starter i do apologize :)

Look Im not gonna start a whole new fussin post BUT in my original post I did ask what a shadow plate was they were referring to. IMO they dont even need to light these letters up on the canopy, waste of money. just put some dam brsuhed aluminum up there
and be done with it lol

reQ

Look Im not gonna start a whole new fussin post BUT in my original post I did ask what a shadow plate was they were referring to. IMO they dont even need to light these letters up on the canopy, waste of money. just put some dam brsuhed aluminum up there
and be done with it lol

We go thru same BS from time to time, they send you drawings, requiring specific stuff, then you realize that its stupid & trying to explain that there is better way... 9/10 will refuse anything else. So if i would be you, i would just price out whatever they want & maybe do a another quote for what you think would work better

visual800

We go thru same BS from time to time, they send you drawings, requiring specific stuff, then you realize that its stupid & trying to explain that there is better way... 9/10 will refuse anything else. So if i would be you, i would just price out whatever they want & maybe do a another quote for what you think would work better

Oh yeah we go thru that junk also and make our suggestion on what would work better in each situation. I wish they would just have a sign guy on staff or something. Can you imagine US doing building plans? lol

MikePro

i know what it is...
attachment.php

:toasting:

(aluninum faces, 1" welded aluminum returns, backed with clear lexan & filled with white led's, 1" standoffs mounted to aluminum backplate)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 11.04.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 11.04.25 AM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 118

Pat Whatley

Wait...Maxwell Air Force Base Elementary School....which is only open during daylight hours and locked down like a nuclear weapons facility when it's dark needs halo lit channel letters?! Why? So the birds can see where to build nests at night?

reQ

Sorry, just can't hold it ))) a girl disliked my post above about girls )) made me giggle for a bit )))

visual800

Wait...Maxwell Air Force Base Elementary School....which is only open during daylight hours and locked down like a nuclear weapons facility when it's dark needs halo lit channel letters?! Why? So the birds can see where to build nests at night?

pat that was exactly my thoughts. maybe its for those dreary winter months. if you think thats bad you should see the plans for the new school at montgomery mall pay. That damn sign package was $90k. and $60k of that was over the top BS that has no need. those hoodrats will tear that stuff up in one school year