• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Xc-540 print head failing?

Jharris81

This print head has been kinda week since we got the machine. Now this is where it is at. I have tried cleanings and a head soak ( maybe 20mins). Is this just at the point of needing to be replaced?

f426848f9ba027606af6a7d2a27cc3a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
As mentioned, that looks like head damage, however, you could start with a 48 hour head soak to see if it will revive, however, more then likely a new head is needed.

petepaz

since the test pattern has that wave to it i would agree probably a bad head strike that caused damage to the head but along with a 24-48 hour head soak you could try pulling ink through the cap top hose with a syringe
and also try changing the dampers

Jharris81

I will try the head soak and see if it changes at all. Otherwise I will change the head. I had one head changed out earlier last year but that was because it just stopped working. I’m still pretty new to this stuff so not aware of what different test patterns mean. Thank you for your replies! Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk