• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yellow Pages warning

tsgstl

Usually every Feb-March we start getting the calls to renew our Ad. This year we were not going to pay a dime for a Ad of any kind. Its now April and we have yet to get 1 call. I had heard that they were not going to print it anymore or they were going to drastically shrink the new book. Anyway we got a letter with our current statement and if I understand it correctly if we do nothing they are just going to rerun our Ad like last year. No Sign off No proof, No call, No nothing. If we say nothing we are agreeing to another year of a dead form of advertizing.

Completely ridiculous, this was a page in the envelope with a couple of other things basically trying to hide it the best they legally can IMO. I'm sure most will catch and read this in their statement, but I think its totally a unfair practice to slide one over on a handful of their customers.

I highlighted the yellow area

Attachments

• yellowpages.jpg
    yellowpages.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 77

TheSnowman

Yep...I got hit with that last year. They sent me two in the mail, never got a call...I didn't want it, and they renewed it. I was ticked. Then, I had to call in and get a confirmation at some other number to prove that I really wanted it cancelled, guess what, I did all that, and never got a confirmation...so here we go...round two. I'll be calling someone you can be sure if I get that crap in the mail again. I'm sure it's turned into survival mode now for me.

tsgstl

I believe this has been their practice for years.

Could be.
We have always had a rep that contacted us and went over everything, so this is a complete change for us. We definitely had a smaller ad last year but it was still one of the larger in the Sign section. I have been a customer for years and this was possibly a practice they have followed for years but it is completely wrong. Yellow pages is not a month to month commitment like a cable or satellite provider. It is a once a year decision paid off in monthly increments.

tsgstl

My wife just sat on hold for 30 minutes and now we have to send a certified letter in the mail within 7 business days to cancel our ad. They make it to EZ to miss or not have enough time to follow through with their requirements.