• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yoohoo!! Got the 4B running! Back in Business!

amy s.

Anyone know why the 4B would cut deeper in vertical cuts than horizontal, (or vice versa)? And better yet, how to adjust it? :toasting:

Jillbeans

Make sure your sprockets are clean and there is no debris on the rubber roller.
Make sure your rods are oiled and you have blown out everything with compressed air.
A drop of oil where the blade holder is can be a good thing too.
Make sure you also have one of those thin washers in the blade assembly.
It could be a theta belt issue.
This is why I got a new cutter.
I am gonna hook my old plotter back up for pounce patterns though.
Love....Jill

Tony Teveris

Amy, now what you should do is post what / how you got it going so the next poor soul who needs some info will learn from your struggles.

amy s.

Yes, I posted my progress, Tony, and the solution. Don't keep the old dongle that you had your 4b hooked up to your old desktop with. Don't need it with FlexiStarter.

Now, if you know why the 4b cuts deeper in the horizontal than the vertical cuts life will be in balance again.

round man

Check the rods the knife assembly rides on,..one may have become bent in the past somehow forcing the blade further down on those cuts,...spinning the rods so they are even distance from the roller or replacing them will resolve an issue like this