• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help You could win 500 bucks or many other prizes.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
So here's the deal: the Bossman bought a new truck and we want to do a logo or half wrap with a logo on it.
I'm not a designer. So that's where you guys come in: we're going to have a design contest.
1st place $500.00 a Hat & Tee shirt
2nd - 10th get a Hat & Tee shirt.
10th - 20th get a Hat or Tee shirt.
Judges will be the RAPIDTAC Team.
Have your entries in by November 30.
Winners will be announced Dec 8.

Thanks and good luck,
RAPIDTAC team
Kim, Ron, Wayne, and
Callie.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 313
  • 3d rt logo_Page_2.jpg
    3d rt logo_Page_2.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 141

damonCA21

Here's a PDF with the JPG embedded in it so now it's vector right? Haha.

I'll give it to RapidTac though, that's a pretty good JPG and should print fine at full size. It's ~42"x23" at full resolution.
127 dpi :/ Will look lovely at 6 foot wide on the side of a truck....

victor bogdanov

This reminds me of a customer contacting me for design work, pretty complex design, long long paragraph of what she wanted.

At the very end she said she sent the same to 10 other companies and we will compete against each other and she will pick the best design. Without wanting to pay a deposit since she did not know what company she was going to go with. I just answered good luck with that

damonCA21

I think we have all had 'that' customer. Or the one who when asked what they want just say 'something really cool' with no other guidance ! Or 'can you spend a couple of hours doing a mock up for me, and I may order at some point if I like it'

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't want to be negative, but to be honest only offering $500 for a full truck design with a logo that needs a lot of work to vectorise with no guarantee you will win, may not attract too many designers...
A guy here tried this a while back. It went over like a fart in church.

RapidTac

Merchant Member
Ok here's the deal we weren't looking for a print and cut ready wrap we were looking for ideas.
Just trying to have some fun. we were offering over a thousnd doller in prizes.
Sense we are getting such a negitive response we are cancelling the contest.

damonCA21

Well the hats and t-shirts are promo items. They don't really have any value as nobody is going to actually buy one are they? or enter hoping to win one, so really you were offering one prize of $500

I'm not sure if you have ever worked as a designer, but doing a decent design proof isn't a quick job that someone can knock out in ten minutes. And I guess as you want an 'idea' you will then take the finished one to another sign company to get them to do the actual job?