• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

0.0" width sp300v

Mikecolle

so recently moved the printer and it started showing 0.0" when setup. it would sometimes go away if i moved the pinch rollers, but now if i move them i get pinch roll errors. tried turning off automatic end detection and nothing, tried letting the machine sit unplugged for a few hours and nothing. what do i need to do to get this up and running again i have 3 banners that need to be printed and shipped by friday.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Typically that 0.0 error, is due to the long cable that goes from the tool carriage needing replacement. If your handy, it's pretty easy to do, just time consuming.

spooledUP7

100% the data ribbon attached to the cutter carriage. I just replaced it on my SP-540V due to the same issue. Mine had a wire in the run that was darker brown compared to the rest. I assume this was a short or just normal over a long life of use. Pretty easy to replace, just need time.
Tip: Tape the new cable to the old cable and pull/guide it through from the back panel access. Take a picture of everything before you begin or disconnect things, especially the two plastic guide sleeves. You will be grateful you did when you start putting it back together.

netsol

if it's available, it is easier to change with the two mylar strips
the strips don't seem to be available anywhere for my sc545-ex, so i cheated with a few small pieces of
masking tape, to join the 2 mylars together. (you will see what i mean when you are reassembling)

spooledUP7

The data cables are available on ebay, but the mylar strips are not. Someone here should build a cut file and share it so we can make our own. Maybe I'll do that next time.